Request plugin for netflix

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Request plugin for netflix   

Postby Snipermeister » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 am

Hi

As WD TV Live doesn´t have netflix (At least mine hasn´t - Europe version), maybe it´s possible for someone to develope a plugin for Netflix?

Best Regards
Snipermeister
n00b

Re: Request plugin for netflix   

Postby mad_ady » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, whenever netflix will allow you to download their content via HTTP requests I'm sure it will be a breeze. Until then, I wouldn't dream of it.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 am

This plugin will be available on the fourth of never.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Snipermeister » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Guess I´ll just have to use XBMC then... They are able to get Netflix working on there platform!
Snipermeister
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 pm

That's because they use a browser with silverlight to get the content. Running a browser on the wdtv is very difficult (but somebody managed to pull it off), but running silverlight? ... on the 5th of never, as b-rad said...

In order to get Netflix Watch Instantly working in XBMC you just need to have XBMC 10.0+ installed on Windows or OS X. Because of a lack of Silverlight support, this currently does not work on XBMC Live, Linux, or iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, AppleTV). You also need to live in a region that offers Netflix streaming (currently US and Canada).

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/43724/how-to-view-netflix-watch-instantly-in-xbmc/
mad_ady
Developer

Postby bakeapples » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm

I recently gave PlayOn Media Server another try (they were allowing free trials again) and can confirm that you can watch Netflix on a WDTV Live via DLNA. Probably the only way it will ever be possible (via DLNA).
bakeapples
n00b

Return to UMSP Media Server