[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Testers needed for UMSP proxy virtual machine

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Postby RMerlin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 am

Hi,

I have prepared a virtual appliance that consists of a basic Debian Linux server + Apache + everything needed by UMSP plugins that require an external proxy for transcoding (such as Tou.TV). The virtual machine was prepared under Virtualbox (a free virtual machine solution).

I need 2 or 3 volunteers to test it. I would also like to have at least one person willing to test it under Vmware Workstation or Vmware Player (I think it supports .vdi machines, but I need validation). You need to have access to one of the UMSP plugins that requires the use of an external proxy, such as Tou.TV (Tou.TV is canadian-only, but there are other plugins that also require this VM).

The VM file is 450 MB, so please send me a PM if you are interested (and serious about it) in testing this. If the feedback is positive enough, I will arrange with b-rad to have the VM distributed for the general public.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Re: Testers needed for UMSP proxy virtual machine   

Postby blachanc » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:21 am

I am on vacation for two weeks,
but if you still need beta tester after that,
I will be happy to try...

Ben
blachanc
Patron

Postby RMerlin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 am

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby blachanc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 am

I did a fast trial before going offline for a week.

Importing the applicance went well,
but starting the machine failed:

somebody mentionned this on the virtualbox forum.

Sorry, have to go (threathening stare from my other half)

Ben
blachanc
Patron

Postby RMerlin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:05 am

It saves the NIC with the Appliance?! This is retarded...

Go into the VM's Network settings, and bridge it with your own NIC. See if it works then.

(I prefer bridging over NAT, so that way my router can handle everything).
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby blachanc » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Merlin,

Thanks,

Got it working !!

Note that I only listened to 5-10 minutes.

notes:(some points might be erronous)
1) /sbin is not part of your path so for getting my ip adress, I had to do a which on the wdtv live, to figure out the path to ifconfig.
2) did not know you renamed the proxy, so had to figure out how to use rcp (don't laugh) to copy the original version from the live,
for nothing :-), since you already had it named proxy.php
3) changing the network adapter to NAT was allowing to boot the machine, but I could not access teh apache
server form the host (http://10.0.2.15) (neeed to do a port forwarding).
Instead, I used my adapter (Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (Bridged adapter, Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet #2))
4) sudo was not found, so I ended up doing su -root (irellevent as I did not need to modify anything (proxy already installed).

Next step1:

redo the install of the appliance, without even loggging into teh machine, once started.

Next step2: (maybe)
try to install this on my home server (CPU requiement looks low).

Next step 3: try vmware.

Benoit

as I said earlier, I am in vacation, so next steps are at a later time :-)

Ben
blachanc
Patron

Postby hgfdsa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 am

I'm down for testing but i know nothing about the software really.

It's for windows 7 64bit also?
hgfdsa
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:54 am

RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby nicandmih » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 am

Hi,
I'm in holiday, but tomorow at the same time mabe earlier (depend of trafic) i 'll be at home.
I have on my PC win 7 profesional and ubuntu 11.4 if i can help i'm ready. i have to stay at home 2-3 days.
Nicu,
nicandmih
Donor

Next

Return to UMSP Media Server