help with SVN

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: help with SVN   

Postby freestyledork » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks for the link.. Is s99user-script just a plain .txt document?

I went to conf/ in FTP and there is no s99user-script file.
freestyledork
n00b

Postby freestyledork » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:41 am

Ive tried to link to the file and no luck.

Could you be more specific with the username? Ive looked and cant find much. I tried my youtube user name with no luck..
freestyledork
n00b

Postby shunte » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:31 pm

s99user-script is a plain text file in Unix format

telnet to the WD either via the client in the webend or better still using a standard telnet client from your PC/MAC etc, login is root and whatever password you've defined (no password by default)

then cd to the /conf folder and if no S99user-script is defined create your own

Code: Select all
touch /conf/S99user-script
nano /conf/S99user-script
chmod 777 /conf/S99user-script

1st command will create the file, not wholly necessary but just ensures you get the job done
2nd command takes you into a basic editor where you can add the commands to do the work you need to do,bottom of the screen lists basic commands for the editor - not feature rich but it gets the job done
3rd command ensures the script is executable by the entire world

I use the S99user-script exclusively to manipulate plug-ins on my device, it executes pretty much last thing in the boot cycle and well beyond the point when SVN fetch has been performed

I keep most of my work in progress plug-ins, overrides and such on attached media and copy or mount from there via the S99user-script at boot time

search the forum for S99user-script and you'll find examples of my setup for sure
Last edited by shunte on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:18 am

One more thing to add - the name should have a capital "S", not "s" - not really sure if it matters, change it to captial if it doesn't work.

@shunte - Not sure I was clear, but looking through S64umsp I noticed that the /conf/umsp-plugins.tgz file is decompressed before getting the plugins from svn. I wanted to point out that it would be more useful to have it the other way around (decompress it after downloading from svn) so to enable manual overrides. Maybe this is already fixed in the svn wdlxtv code - I haven't checked.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby recliq » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:56 am

One more thing to add - the name should have a capital "S", not "s" - not really sure if it matters, change it to captial if it doesn't work.

Case always matters! This is linux and linux is case sensitive.
It's S00 with a capital S. ;)
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby shunte » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:08 am

:oops: sorry about the 's', just blind copying what had been posted, will fix my post

good catch on the .tgz file too; haven't used that mechanism in ~18 months so I've never noticed the effects
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby freestyledork » Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm

I got the S99user-script working and it refreshed the cache on boot up. I posted my problems with the short cut in your main youtube post Mad.
freestyledork
n00b

Previous

Return to UMSP Media Server