Sign up here and you can log into the forum!

[REQUEST]Traileraddict

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

[REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby joe9 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:25 am

Watch HD embeddable movie trailers, teasers, TV spots, clips and featurettes for upcoming, new and classic films.
http://www.traileraddict.com/

Hi.
I was wondering if could be possible to make a plugin for this page. It's huge,in HD, and no h263 codec.
No megavideo, megaupload or hotfile links.
Appletrailer its fine, but outdated mostly.
They have a php plugin for rss, but does not work with WDTV http://www.traileraddict.com/widgets. Also there is a python plugin for XMBC http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=53821
Thanks.
joe9
n00b
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby penone » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 am

Hey Joe.

Good find. The one hurdle I see is that the site uses Flash to show the trailers and our wdtv's don't support flash. Now, from another thread (the motherless.com thread) there was some talk about using yahoo pipe to get the flash to work but that is beyond my expertise.

Hopefully someone will think of some way to get this to work - seems like a nice alternative to the apple trailers.
Remember that YOU are responsible for what happens to your wdtv! any advice you read in the forum is just that - advice. You get what you pay for.
penone
Donor
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby desmoloch » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:19 am

penone wrote:Hey Joe.

Good find. The one hurdle I see is that the site uses Flash to show the trailers and our wdtv's don't support flash. Now, from another thread (the motherless.com thread) there was some talk about using yahoo pipe to get the flash to work but that is beyond my expertise.

Hopefully someone will think of some way to get this to work - seems like a nice alternative to the apple trailers.


i will have a look :)
wdtv supports flv (flash video) except h263. So this plugin should be better working then motherless ;)
desmoloch
Donor
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby desmoloch » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

ok it took some hours but now i know how to get the url to open the trailer as mp4 :)
Next step is creating the plugin and parsing the site. I will parse the top150, coming soon and the film database and maybe watching now. Anything missing?
desmoloch
Donor
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby penone » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Wow! :o Quick work! No..that should about cover it ;)

Thanks!
Remember that YOU are responsible for what happens to your wdtv! any advice you read in the forum is just that - advice. You get what you pay for.
penone
Donor
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby joanjett1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:23 am

penone wrote:Wow! :o Quick work! No..that should about cover it ;)

Thanks!


Hi Guys,

What is the latest status on this http://www.traileraddict.com plug-in.

Is it yet possible to get traileraddict to work on the "hacked" B-RAD WDTV Live ?

Anyone have a "noobies" guide on how to get it to work ? :?

Many thanks!
joanjett1
DLX'er
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:07 am

read the thread. desmoloch posted less than 12hrs ago that he was on his way. When he has something ready it will be posted. Pointlessly asking is it ready yet is frowned upon, especially when practically *NO* time has passed.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
User avatar
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am
Location: New York

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby joanjett1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 am

b-rad.cc wrote:read the thread. desmoloch posted less than 12hrs ago that he was on his way. When he has something ready it will be posted. Pointlessly asking is it ready yet is frowned upon, especially when practically *NO* time has passed.


Apologies... I didn't notice it was that recent. I'm kinda darting in and out between doing my work (job) so apologies for not noticing the date of his post. It won't happen again.
joanjett1
DLX'er
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby joe9 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 pm

desmoloch wrote:ok it took some hours but now i know how to get the url to open the trailer as mp4 :)
Next step is creating the plugin and parsing the site. I will parse the top150, coming soon and the film database and maybe watching now. Anything missing?

:o Thank you very much, desmoloch, for attending the request. I think you don't miss anything (in fact I had not seen "watching now" section)
Sorry for my bad english and thank you again.
joe9
n00b
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

Re: [REQUEST]Traileraddict   

Postby joanjett1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Yes, thank you Desmoloch
joanjett1
DLX'er
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 am

Next

Return to UMSP Media Server

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests