RTMP to UMSP

Discussion, features, plugins--everything about zoster's UMSP UPnP Media Server software

Re: RTMP to UMSP   

Postby chameleon_skin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Nice work! I was just trying to figure out a way to get streams from Justin.tv onto the WDTV; hopefully this is a big step towards getting there.

Once I get done with my long laundry list of other WDTV projects, I'll probably try to tackle that particular plugin as well.
chameleon_skin
Developer

Postby bagira » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 am

chameleon_skin wrote:Nice work! I was just trying to figure out a way to get streams from Justin.tv onto the WDTV; hopefully this is a big step towards getting there.

Once I get done with my long laundry list of other WDTV projects, I'll probably try to tackle that particular plugin as well.

Justin.tv uses a "NetStream.Authenticate.UsherToken" method to authenticate the client to subscribe a video. I already try this with rtmpdump (with debug mode), but dosn't work.
The problem is the UsherToken, rtmpdump has no code to support that. I've already dump the TCP communication with the justin.tv, so I figured out, how could it working, but I have no time (yet) to write a patch for rtmpdump.
I think there is more challenge in directfb, so now I study with that. ;)
bagira
Beta Tester

Postby jago » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 am

Thank you for your work andreq.
I know for myself that it is sometimes pretty hard to figure such things out.

By the way, ffmpeg is also capable to handle the rtmp protocol.
The only problem is that the implementation is a little incomplete.
Some server expect that the client tell them how many bytes were recived.
If the client (ffmpeg) do not, the server stop the stream eventually.
It is known to the developer and he will fix it... sometime.

And now with these findings my next project is on the todo list.
jago
n00b

Postby andreq » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 am

I've tryed and tryed I dont know how many time with ffmpeg without succes... but I just found we got a pretty old build. (April 2010).

I'll see with b-rad if we could update it as I'm not skilled (or aventurous) enough to build it myself.

Anyway, I'm quite sur rtmpdump support more stream in the end. We might add more _GET params like :

ffmpegOnly:bool // Only use ffmpeg
rtmprumpOnly:bool //Only use rtmpdump (no transcoding)

I'll try to get time to finalize all this... getting that time is harder than doing the code :D
andreq
n00b

Postby sombragris » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:40 pm

One question...

If using the -v or --live switch, I guess rtmpdump would be running endlessly. Is this correct?

If so, how would you make it exit?

Best regards
sombragris
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 am

kill the process by it's process id ;) (hint: ps and kill) :ugeek:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Or "killall rtmpdump" for the lazy asses (like me) :)

(and now wait for b-rad to post a long, obfuscated one-liner that involves ps, kill, grep, piping, and the meaning of life :lol: )
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 pm

think this covers ya merlin :mrgreen:

Code: Select all
MeaningOfLife=42&&UnluckyNumber=13&&Obfuscated="`expr 3861051 "*" $MeaningOfLife + $UnluckyNumber`"&&Obfuscated=$Obfuscated"`expr 3812956 "*" $MeaningOfLife + $UnluckyNumber`"&&Obfuscated=$Obfuscated"`expr 3694 "*" $MeaningOfLife + $UnluckyNumber - 1`"&&x=`for i in 0 3 6 9 12 15 18 21;do printf \\\\${Obfuscated:$i:3};done`&&Obfuscated=`ps|grep $Obfuscated|cut -d' ' -f1`&&[ -n "$Obfuscated" ]&&kill $Obfuscated

edit: further mangled :P

:ugeek:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby sombragris » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm

My question is: where would it be apropiate to kill the running process?

I was thinking on including the kill inside the main plugin function... This would try to kill it whenever the user pushes the back button. However, What would happen if the user pushes the power off button? I guess the kill command wouldn't execute in that context or would it?

I've been trying the following as a proxy for megalive with no success:

Code: Select all
<?PHP
header('Content-Type: '.urldecode($_GET['content-type']));
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.urldecode($_GET['title']).'.'.urldecode($_GET['format']).'"');
header("Accept-Ranges: bytes");
header("Connection: Close");

$xml = file_get_contents('http://www.megalive.com/xml/stream.php?v=' . $_GET['video_id']);
$xmldoc = new SimpleXMLElement($xml);
$stream = 'stream_' . $xmldoc['id'];
$rtmp = $xmldoc['rtmp'];

$cmd = "rtmpdump -r \"" . $rtmp . "\" -a \"videochat\" -s \"http://www.megalive.com/ml_player.swf\" -t \"" . $rtmp . "/videochat\" -p \"http://www.megalive.com/?v=" .$_GET['video_id'] . "\" --playpath \"" . $stream . "\" -q | ffmpeg -loglevel quiet -i pipe:0 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f ". urldecode($_GET['format']) ." pipe:1 | cat";
passthru($cmd);
?>

Anyone catches any problem with it?

It keeps returning an empty flv file... as if rtmpdump was not running at all. When executing rtmpdum on command line it runs nicelly.

Best regards
sombragris
WDTVer

Postby hesantos83 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:27 am

how can I add this stream to the umsp rtmp://50.16.39.240/mbhairtp<playpath>telesur <swfUrl>http://o1mblive1.telesur.ultrabase.net:8080/gigajsp/player.swf <pageUrl>http://o1mblive1.telesur.ultrabase.net:8080/gigajsp/cdg.jsp thanks
hesantos83
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to UMSP Media Server