Plugin: PlaylistGen

The WDTVExt plugin depot. Plugins/libraries/code only

Plugin: PlaylistGen   

Postby atmelfreak » Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Description
With this plugin youn can create movie playlists based on several criteria.
The plugin extracts the movie meta data out of the .tgmd files and creates playlists
in extended m3u format. The playlists are created in /tmp/media/usb/_Playlists. Therefore
they must be recreated after each reboot. Playlists for each criteria are stored into a own directory.

Prerequisites:
Media-Library must be switched on
tgmd-Files must be created by ThumbGen

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LNTXY9UL

Installation:
Extract the zip file into the directory \plugins of your USB pen.
Directory tree should be looking as follow:
Then reboot your box.

Usage:
Now you should have a new menu item under Video-->Local drives:

Choose this menu item, a new submenu comes up:
Here you can choose the criteria for creating the playlists.

If the playlist is create, the menu item Videos-->Local drives-->Folders will be automatically executed.
Here you see the folder _Playlists and if you choose it, there are the created playlists:

Look into the folder:
Voila, there are our playlists :D

Have fun
atmelfreak
atmelfreak
Developer

Re: Plugin: PlaylistGen   

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue May 11, 2010 3:15 pm

awesome plugin atmelfreak :mrgreen:

Have you ever heard of associative search? Heres a simle run down. I think this would be an amazing feature to have. Posting it here, because it'd be an evolution of your current work, to a certain degree.

It could be presented as a list browse in the following way
* you'd grab all tags out of all the tgmd files
* present the user with a list of 100% of the tags as directories
* enter directoryA (tagA)
* read all tags from all movies with tagA and display list
* enter directoryB (tagB)
* read all tags from all movies with tagA and tagB and display list
* on & on & on until one movie is left or you've found something you want to watch.

at some level, or all levels, you display all movies fitting the criteria below all the tags.

I'd imagined this as a UMSP plugin, but WDTVExt plugin would be pretty nice. I'm going to include sqlite binary in next fw which might make this a bit easier.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Dizzy49 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Great idea b-rad. I also think that the sql will allow some workaround for the current filesystem limitations for only one or two directory depth.
Store the movie info in the db for "on the fly" moviesheet generation, or atleast easier way to edit movie information. Generate moviesheets with background/thumbnails, and then overlay the text on the fly, so I could change the plot, summary, title, genre, etc w/o having to redo the whole thing.
Dizzy49
DLX'er

Postby atmelfreak » Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 am

b-rad.cc wrote:It could be presented as a list browse in the following way
* you'd grab all tags out of all the tgmd files
* present the user with a list of 100% of the tags as directories
* enter directoryA (tagA)
* read all tags from all movies with tagA and display list
* enter directoryB (tagB)
* read all tags from all movies with tagA and tagB and display list
* on & on & on until one movie is left or you've found something you want to watch.

at some level, or all levels, you display all movies fitting the criteria below all the tags.

Sounds very interesting ;)
I thought, that I'm nearly finished but now I'm seeing: I'm just at the beginning... :lol:

But I don't know, if I do this just now. It's not very funny to reboot the box after every change!
Additionally I don't know howto syntax check the javascript...

Therefore I've programmed the main thing in perl... Do you have an idea, when reloading of
plugin without reboot will working?

atmelfreak
atmelfreak
Developer

Postby alucard89 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Can we still get the moviesheets for each movie to display when navigating movies with playlist?
alucard89
WDTVer

Postby thkogel » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:24 am

It don't work with my wdtv live. I Using the extrem upgrade 0.4.2.2 but i don't see some new menus
thkogel
n00b

Postby RavRob » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:17 am

Use ThumbGen instead. Really easy to use.
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Kodi - The Future of Television
RavRob
Supporter

Postby roryt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:17 pm

I can't get these damn playlists to work in THUMBGEN OR THIS PLUGIN! I am so damn frustrated. I thought this plugin would end the misery...I got it loaded, re-booted, made it all the way to create playlist-->genre. I clicked genre and nothing happened. I could still scroll through the other sorting options. I clicked on them all..and nothing. It is like the remote just wn't work on that page or something (other than scrolling).

Before trying this I tried the whole script thing I found that amtelfreak or whoever made...that didn't work, mostly b/c there are no instructions whatsoever really. the instructions that are posted are just extremely vague, and unless you know a ton about scripts and all that stuff you have no idea what to do (like me).

Thumbgen was my 1st and best try. I generated the damn playlists, I got movie (genre) sheets and folder icn artwork to even work for them. The only problem is I get "no media in the current folder" message when I try to click on one.

can ANYONE help me get these damn things to work??? PLEASE!

Here is a pic of one of my playlist files...something is wrong i can tell, I just don't know what and don't know how it should be. (click to enlarge)

roryt
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 am

Your playlist doesn't contain any files, just dirs. That's the problem i guess...
I haven't had a look at the plugin yet, but it states that you need .tgmd files for your movies to work.

I'll check out the plugin later today...
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby thumbgen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:03 am

When u generate the playlists in TG do not check the checkbox that says "put only folder names in the playlist"
Get ThumbGen!
If you like ThumbGen then buy me a coffee Image
thumbgen
Developer

Return to WDTVExt plugins