I've resumed work on wdtvext and planning on releasing a new version for FW 1.05.04.
At the moment I am doing lots of mips asm related work and mapping the required apis.
As soon as I get my hand on a wdtv live hardware I will be able to start testing on it.
If any issues have emerged for the old version, in the time I've been out of loop,
please describe them here, with as much details as possible so I can reproduce and fix them.
If there are feature requests, I will require someone else to manage them and tell me what is to be done for the new version.
@b-rad, can you suggest someone??
I'll keep you up to date with the progress
Status update 20 Apr 2012
at this date the following are in the workings, in various stages of completion
- migrating to spidermonkey 1.8.5 for json
- adding remote js debugger support - windows only application
- native settings page support
- native message box page support
- Custom page support
Status update 3 Apr 2012
Fixed name empty on Page.selectedMedia
Added additional info on Page.selectedMedia:
FW 1.05.04 - Preview 3Apr2012
Status update 2 Apr 2012
... and we are alive on fw 1.05.04!!!!!
(not tested yet with existing plugins, started on ext3 boot ver 0.5.1.1)
FW 1.05.04 - Preview 2Apr2012
Status update 27 Mar 2012
- 95% done - recreated the dev environment and successfully compiled a version of ext, not tested on hardware yet
- 100% done - Sourced the proper hardware, should be in my hands in a couple of days
- 0% done Waiting for @b-rad so send me some stuff some of you may know
- 40% done mapping dmaosd asm code
- 0% done bug fixing for reported bugs
- 0% done development of requested features
- 0% done testing the new version with all existing plugins
Thank you all for your donations, without them