WDTVExt Live 0.23 by pibos

General WDTVExt forum

WDTVExt Live 0.23 by pibos   

Postby recliq » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:04 am

I ported pibos post from other forum here, because it contains important information not posted in this form here, hope it's ok.
All the following is pibos work and instructions not mine, credits go to pibos!

pibos wrote:Do not perform any firmware upgrade with this application installed, remove it first, then upgrade!!! perform otherwise at your on risk

10 Apr 2010 - Release 0.23
http://www.mediafire.com/?0yqyotiimqg

THIS RELEASE TARGETS FW1.01.24, FW1.02.21 and variants based on it (ext3-boot, wdlxtv) and is IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER YET!!!!

Known issues in this version:
- page.selectedMedia is not available while in onPageEnter event

What is fixed in this release:
- update firmware with WDTVExt present breaks fw update - thanks B-rad
- S00custom-options stop function after installing WDTVExt.app.bin - thanks B-rad

What is new in this version:
- Page support - allow for all pages variables (the ones from xml markup, in @@xyz form) to be set and queried - see Weather plugin sample and ExtSheet plugin sample

* Page getParam(paramName) instance function - returns page param value for param with that name
* Page setParam(paramName, paramValue) instance property - sets page param value for that paramName to paramValue

- Core functionality - you can create timers as in any browser with setInterval/setTimeout - clearInterval/clearTimeout; if you ever programmed for web this will be familiar
- Core functionality - you can get the details for the currently selected item in any list even umsp, youtube, flickr, pandora, etc. ofcourse this details are specific to that page, but you ca use them to customize the list, show extra info, do a query to imdb, etc; - see ExtSheet plugins sample

* Page selectedMedia instance property - returns object cu the name, folder and path property available depending of media list type (share, yt, flickr) being queried
* Page isMediaListPage instance property - returns true if that specific page instance is a media list page and supports selectedMedia property

- Page support - you can custom page events in your plugin by implementing the following event handlers (regular js functions in fact):

* onPageEnter
Code: Select all
YourPlugin.prototype.onPageEnter = function(page){
     // do  here page initialization
}

* onPageLeave
YourPlugin.prototype.onPageLeave = function(page){[/li][/list]
     // do  here page finalization tasks, stop timers, etc
}

* onPageKey
YourPlugin.prototype.onPageKey = function(page, key){[/li][/list]
     // do here key related work
}

* onPageTimer
YourPlugin.prototype.onPageTimer = function(page){[/li][/list]
     // do here what needs to be done on a regular bases
     // this handler is called about 2 times per second;
     // if you need different intervals, see setTimeout or setInterval
}

5 Apr 2010 - Release 0.22
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmyzztmmiqy

THIS RELEASE TARGETS FW1.01.11, FW1.01.24 and variants based on it (ext3-boot, wdlxtv) and is IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER YET!!!!

- fixed resume from standby

What is new in this release:
- Plugin Object implemented native
- Plugin Object function build_menus renamed doBuildMenus
- Plugin Object event onMenuSelect(menuItem) - called when a menuItem item is selected in homepage
- Plugin Object event onMenuDeselect(menuItem) - called when a menuItem item is deselected in homepage
- Plugin Object event onPageCreated - called when a page is about to be created, you can extra xml content here using Page content or extraContent properties

- Page object implemented native
- Page object Top static property - gives access to current current page using 'Page.Top' syntax
- Page object getParam(string/*paramName*/) instance function - returns the current value of the page param with the name specifyed in the paramName
- Page object setParam(string/*paramName*/, string/*paramValue*/) instance function - sets the current value of the page param with the name specifyed in the paramName argument to the value supplied in paramValue argument
- Page object content instance property - used in plugin.onPageCreated to set the complete replacement of page xml markup
- Page object extraContent instance property - used in plugin.onPageCreated to add extra xml markup at the end of standard one

- Menu Object onSelect() instance event - called when a menuItem item is selected in homepage
- Menu Object onDeselect() instance event - called when a menuItem item is deselected in homepage

1 Apr 2010 - Release 0.21
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjl1xmnnzfn

THIS RELEASE TARGETS FW1.01.11, FW1.01.24 and variants based on it (ext3-boot, wdlxtv) and is IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER YET!!!!

- fixed crash when using non ext3-boot fw

What is new in this release:
- added scriptName, scriptPath and scriptFullPath variables available on pluginc construction for better integration
- added partial support for FW 1.01.17 and FW 1.02.21 (not functional)
- log files are outputed to /tmp/wdtvext.log - from calls to trace, traceln and internal wdtvext and /tmp/dmaosd.log - from dmaosd output to console
- added refresh menu itemunder Weather

Roadmap for the next period of time:

Release 0.3 - mid apr 2010
- Page support - intercepting all pages (system and custom) events (onCreate/onLoad/onTimer/onKey/onClose) in methods exposed from plugin (like doBuildMenus) - done in rev 0.23
- Page support - allow for page xml markup customization in plugin's onCreate function - done in rev 0.23
- Plugins - Picasa plugin startup

Release 0.4 end apr 2010
- User Documentation
- Page support - allow for Page creation from scratch
- Page support - allow for all pages variables (the ones from xml markup, in @@xyz form) to be set and queried - done in rev 0.23
- Plugins - Weather plugin day details page

Release 0.5
- Custom Pages - Settings Page integration for easy settings access and creation from javascript
- Custom Pages - List Page integration - added Page.isMediaListPage and Page.selectedMedia in rev 0.23
- Core functionality - online plugin repository
- Core functionality - plugin management
- Core functionality - cinematics
- Core functionality - integration in plain fw and downloading configured plugind on the fly (lilibabe's request)

31 Mar 2010 - Release 0.2
Here is a release that will probably enjoy.

THIS RELEASE TARGETS FW1.01.11 and variants based on it (ext3-boot, wdlxtv) and is IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER YET!!!!

My initial plan was to have at least a rough version of Page control finished before releasing it but I cannot wait, i need to make it public Smiley
This release is mostly about javascript engine integration, custom plugins and Menu control and is it's main scope is to test your reaction: you can either love it or hait it.

You will find in this archive http://www.mediafire.com/?m3yjnngny0z the app.bin and a plugin folder, containing our old plugin example, Weather plugin in a new form: plain javascript file.
I recommend putting everything in the root of your memory stick, plug it in and test it.

After that, you will probably want to see the code, Weather.plugin.js (it has decent comments in it)
Of great interest are also three other javascript files, part of WDTVExt core, packed in the app.bin.

Any impressions, sugestions or any kind of support will be very helpful.

Regards,
pibos
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Re: WDTVExt Live 0.23 by pibos   

Postby kadawer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:25 am

Does setInterval/setTimeout - clearInterval/clearTimeout already work (not for me)? Or is it a feature scheduled for the next release?
kadawer
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:26 am

doesn't seem t work yet :|
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby kadawer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:39 am

ok, thanks so far.

has pibos released the source code for wdtvext?
it seems to me that the development has stalled (no version since april, in contrast to his roadmap)?

do you have any information regarding this?
kadawer
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:42 am

it's not really stalled, just slowed down. no source available afaik
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby Hippogriff » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11 am

One of the limitations listed at the start of this thread is that page.selectedMedia is not available in the onPageEnter event and I was wondering if this is something that could be remedied in a later version? I am currently using the onPageKey event to access page.selectedMedia and, obviously, it does this all the time, when you are browsing lists of media... but not when you've selected a piece of media and entered the page that you want to run it from.

Just thinking about efficiency... as you're moving your selection box from MP3 track to MP3 track in an Album, this onPageKey event is fired every time (even when re-selecting things you've selected previously - obviously) and you find yourself populating your local variable with the contents of page.selectedMedia many, many times. I'd prefer to do it once, in onPageEnter.

Or is there a way around this?

Hippo
Hippogriff
n00b

Return to WDTVExt discussion