OSD not loaded when second usb drive is attached

Anything and everything related to OSD modifcation & theming.

OSD not loaded when second usb drive is attached   

Postby MTYeClrL » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am

I'm using 1.05.04_V-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1 [flash] on a WDTV Live with Picto 3 and a custom villa_bg wallpaper.
Usually when i power up the box there is only an usb stick connected to the port on the back and everything is working fine.

However i noticed that if i also attach an external usb harddrive to the port on the side before i power up the box the OSD is not loaded anymore and instead it uses the default theme. The background wallpaper is still loaded.
Any ideas how to fix this?
MTYeClrL
n00b

Re: OSD not loaded when second usb drive is attached   

Postby recliq » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:38 am

Either put the osd.bin also on the hdd or change the usb ports ;)
osd.bin will always only be loaded from first detected drive.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Re: OSD not loaded when second usb drive is attached   

Postby MTYeClrL » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:04 am

Sounds like it's a similar problem as this: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3279
The suggested solution might not work though (using ROOT_UUID) since i do not intend to boot from the stick.

Is there any other way to force the box to load the osd from a specific usb device?

The rationale behind that is that although i am a computer science guy the box is intended as a birthday present for a non-tech friend.
Imo it would screw up the experience if the user interface sometimes changes once he connects another device.
The best solution would be to use the osd on the stick if its attached and to use the original one if not.
MTYeClrL
n00b

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live Theming