Hi jumbalaya, thank you for your answer. Let me explain what I found after testing the new version (may be long, sorry).
Mediafly showed a different progress bar but the remote control did not work anymore and I had to power reset the unit.
Then I tried youtube and the progress bar looked and behaved the same as in the previous version. I found an youtube_..._without_download.xml (or something like that, I don't have the unit right now to check) and applied the same changes to that xml, then the progress bar changed to look the same as mediafly.
Unfortunately, while the video played correctly I lost remote control functionality and had to power reset the unit.
The strange thing is that in both your previous and current version the progress bar never gets updated and shows always empty, no matter the video is playing.
One more test I make was to check the osd that comes with wdlxtv and the progress bar works correctly.
I tried to understand the logic in that xml but this is new to me, couldn't figure out the problem. If you find it useful you can give me the changes you would like to test so I can apply them to the xml and give you the outcome.
Thank you very much