** UPDATED 1/26/12 ** Eye Candy 1.05.04 v 1.3

Anything and everything related to OSD modifcation & theming.

Re: 8/21/11 Eye Candy 1.05.04 v 1.0   

Postby engineer14 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:58 am

Hi KAD,

I tried the new version today, it worked at first try, also the Menusheetdirs (I tried the Windows - Scheme).

However, obviously it didn´t run in WALL - Mode any longer - as soon I went inside the "USB" Menu, the Text was in the middle (Standard?) instead left (Wall, which is my default setting). And I could not see my moviesheets.

The sheets are stell unioned in /msheets, but not in /osd (only your sheets are there ...
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:24 am

not sure what's up with your WALL settings, I just enabled WALL mode and worked right off, with sheets from MSHEETDIR and using custom MENUSHEETDIR

KAD
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby engineer14 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm

KAD wrote:not sure what's up with your WALL settings, I just enabled WALL mode and worked right off, with sheets from MSHEETDIR and using custom MENUSHEETDIR

KAD

didn´t change any settings related to the linksheets, just put the osd.bin on the root of an USB and rebooted -> your OSD, no wall, no sheets

deleted the osd.bin again -> rebooted -> default osd in wall mode with sheets ...

using 1.05.04 - 0.5.0.0 on a live. Everything configured via Web Interface (Wall mode, sheets enabled for all views, MSHEETDIR)

Maybe MSHEETDIR and MENUSHEETDIR should be the same ? As I said, after rebooting with your OSD the sheets are still in /msheets but not in /osd. Only your sheets are there ...
engineer14
Donor

Postby KAD » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:02 pm

if they are in /msheets but not in /osd it's something with the S67msheets script, I did a lot of test and so on with editing and trying to combine S67 with my own edits, in the end I left it unchanged and untouched, created a new script S99menusheets

S67 does this
Code: Select all
mkdir -p /tmp/.root/osd
mount -o bind /osd /tmp/.root/osd
unionfs /tmp/.root/osd:/msheets /osd -o nonempty,allow_other

in your case I know the first 2 are successful, if those failed, MENUSHEETDIR would not work
it's this third cmd that seems to be failing for some reason, and I have no clue why, because it works here flawlessly

So after S67 is all done

S99menusheets does this
unionfs "$MSD2":/tmp/.root/osd /osd -o nonempty,allow_other

so my only thought is you can try manually in telnet/ssh
unionfs /tmp/.root/osd:/msheets /osd -o nonempty,allow_other

or, I think even better
unionfs /msheets:/tmp/.root/osd /osd -o nonempty,allow_other

as for the future, this is all going to change to aufs in due time

KAD
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bassmig » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I`ve been trying to set my default paths to try out the other included OSD options within your download but have not been able to get any of the other ones to work. I assume it`s a noob thing and maybe I should have posted this in the noob section but howdo I set my path from within the OSD section. Through FTP the path to my files are /tmp/media/usb/USB2/8436-4387 but how does that translate within the OSD set default dir?
bassmig
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 pm

if I assume this is the correct path to your drive

/tmp/media/usb/USB2/8436-4387

it still doesn't point to any directory with menusheets, so example Windows-Wallpapers
would maybe be
/tmp/media/usb/USB2/8436-4387/Windows-Wallpapers

the path must include the directory you want to use

just another thought, might not be needed, but can help
enable early mounting for the drive, this will ensure the drive will always be mounted in the same place
which will be under tmp/mnt/8436-4387
then your custom MENUSHEETDIR would look like
tmp/mnt/8436-4387/Windows-Wallpapers

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bassmig » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 am

OK, I thouhgt it had something to do with the path I was using but no luck still. I have not yet been able to change from the default eye candy osd which is nice, but I would love to either create my own.
bassmig
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 am

did you reboot? power on off with remote is not enough

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby bassmig » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 am

yup. telnet reboot...still only the original eye candy osd.
bassmig
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:50 am

@bassmig,

in telnet/ssh
grep MENUSHEETDIR /conf/config

@engineer14,
I ran into some missing moviesheets from MSHEETDIR this morning, on investigation, I found my MSHEETDIR has gone from 1000+ to approx 500 sheets, I certain I do not have duplicate sheets on my system anywhere, but I'm just curious if you've checked, maybe your missing sheets don't exist anymore in MSHEETDIR

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live Theming