Beginers Guide to creating custom OSD

Anything and everything related to OSD modifcation & theming.

Re: Beginers Guide to creating custom OSD   

Postby KAD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:43 am

oakeyt wrote:Thanks KAD. A couple of questions though...
1. what is stock.osd.bin?

in the first post that's what you're creating an editable stock.osd.bin

oakeyt wrote:2. Are you saying that I can use the instructions at the start of this thread to change the existing cramfs file to EXT3? - apologies for the 'un-educated' questions but I'm new to all this linux stuff! :(

what I am saying, you can't convert the file, you just create a new file instead, the instructions will create the new new file and put the contents of the stock osd inside it

oakeyt wrote:3. What is the command 'svn' as I' getting a message saying this doessn't exist?

read closely, instructions, say dev_tools.app.bin is required
svn = subversion repository
you'll connect and download the needed files from svn

oakeyt wrote:If I mount psychothc_mod_6_5_3-svn62.osd.bin then copy the files to a new directory on my usb drive connected to the WD and then make the changes to the files in the directory on the USB drive can I then copy all the files to a empty ext3 filesytem that I've previously created and monted? - would that work?
yes that would work, or you change the path's in the first post to download current version of psychothc

oakeyt wrote:For info - I'm using psychothc_mod_6_5_3-svn62.osd.bin and want to change the colours of the 'Options' bar from red to a different colour. This is a cramfs file as opposed to the standard psychothc_mod_6_5_3.osd.bin - I'm using the 'svn62' version because I want MediaMark to work and it doesn't in the original version.

Is anyone using an EXT3 filesystem version of psychothc_mod_6_5_3-svn62.osd.bin ?

If the downloadable image from the thread is cramfs, then I doubt anybody has an ext3 version, but you can easily create one
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby oakeyt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 am

Thanks KAD for all your help. I'm now able to edit the osd.bin Happy noob :P
oakeyt
n00b

Postby garryh » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Would anyone know why the link to "devtools.app.bin" would not be appearing in the "add-ons manager" in the WEC?
garryh
n00b

Postby recliq » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am

garryh wrote:Would anyone know why the link to "devtools.app.bin" would not be appearing in the "add-ons manager" in the WEC?

What link are you looking for? A link for downloading?
To install it select a drive to install to under Status dropdown and select enabled checkbox, then go to the bottom of the page and click Apply Changes.

To directly download the app to your computer, go to
http://apps.wdlxtv.com/index.php
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby garryh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for the link recliq !
garryh
n00b

Previous

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live Theming