[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Beginers Guide to creating custom OSD

Anything and everything related to OSD modifcation & theming.

Postby KAD » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:37 pm

If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: Beginers Guide to creating custom OSD   

Postby kismiace » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:05 pm

thx for this greatly appreciated
kismiace
n00b

Postby PsychoTHC » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:25 am

good job KAD :!:

I want to add my way of OSD moding, maybe also useful for others.

Problem:
How to find out what xml files are related to any screen.
Solution:
1. Try to find any unique graphic image on screen.
2. Find out the name of the graphic in "osd/image/" or "osd/image/villa"
3. Go WinRar upper menu "search files" and let display all xmls files containing this image name.

Problem:
Find out new coordinates for positioning of text or images inside xml files
Solution:
1. You need to make screenshot of the screen you want to modify.
2. Use "WDTV Live - Remote Controller" http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdtvtelnetremot/
3. Once you have your WDTV screen at your PC visible, enlarge the window as big as possible.
4. Make a sceen dump by pressing "Alt - Print" on your keyboard.
5. Open a.e. Photoshop and import clipboard as new image.
6. Cut out the real screen dump out of the rest. Do this very accurat!!!
7. Resize image to 1280x725 pixels (EDIT: 1280 x 720)
8. Enable "Show coordinates" at Photoshop upper menu. So coordinates will shown when you move mouse inside image.
With this you are able to move, add, modify text or graphics without testing thousend of times correcting the coordinates. So you change coordinates and they fit from the first time.

Hope this helped for some people to make it easier to mod.
cheers mike
Last edited by PsychoTHC on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsychoTHC
OSD Themer

Postby recliq » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:45 am

­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 am

I'll second recliq's question about x 725, in my tinkering I've used 1280 x 720 backgrounds with no problems but also noticed the stock.osd.bin has a background of 1280 x 800 :?:

KAD
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby PsychoTHC » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Yes its 720, i don't know why I wrote 725. :roll:

I want to show you a photoshop picture where you can see how a previous video-info page was born in my mod. Just playing arount until i liked the positions.

You can also see the background of some images are filled with pink color. That makes it easier to find out the x,y coordinates of the left/upper corner of transparent symbols. ;)
PsychoTHC
OSD Themer

Postby kismiace » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:08 pm

hi guys i have a question or more like a problem when i unmount my custom.osd.bin and put it on my stick i cant then remove it because it is read only what am i doing wrong?
kismiace
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:02 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Postby kismiace » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:24 pm

kismiace
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I bet you're right, anytime I've tried to share/access files between windows/kubuntu or vis vera, something always gets messed up, I also never attempted to drag drop, etc from kubuntu to windows, I always directed into to kubuntu, then plugged in my usb, this way the usb shows up as a kubuntu attached device and not a windows attached device, after copying to usb, I right clicked on drive in kubuntu to disconnect device, which automatically connects it to the win host, disconnecting from the windows host does not connect the device to kubuntu, so once, it's safe to remove from windows, just pull the usb

KAD
KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live Theming