[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Loading custom kernel

Loading custom kernel

Have a question about devices internals, memory layout, reverse engineering, etc---This is the place for anything so technical that it would cause a n00b's head to 'splode

Loading custom kernel   

Postby craigp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:22 am

craigp
n00b

Re: Loading custom kernel   

Postby craigp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:57 am

craigp
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm

looks promising but I'm not really familiar with the wd booting and kernel internals to judge if this is going to work.
But what I know is that if it was that easy i wonder why b-rad hasn't gone this way and is still struggeling with the last bits of getting kexec to work.. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really impressed by what you're doing and I hope you will have success!
It's just that b-rad really knows this device and I would be suprised if you just found a way he didn't think of ;)

Anyways keep it up and keep us posted!! :mrgreen:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby recliq » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:41 am

Now that you mention it, I remember this and think you are right.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby craigp » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:00 am

craigp
n00b

Postby Alicia » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 am

What you are trying to do is way, way over my head but I keep a close eye on this thread.
Very interesting what you are trying to achieve, and that you keep trying, despite all the hurdles WD throws at you.
1.03.01-WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Cylent ShowcaseV2 Mod + pure-ftpd + nfs
Alicia
DLX'er

Postby bschmidt » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:17 am

Hi there,

is there any progress on this? I highly appreciate your efforts and would be very happy to be able booting a vanilla kernel.

Thanks!
Bernd
bschmidt
n00b

Postby craig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 am

I haven't sorry Bernd. It will be a Christmas Holiday job - its the silly season at the moment, and I haven't been able to get back to it.

The last I got was the YAMON bootloader spawning automatically at boot. I can't quite work out where YAMON is storing it's environment variables - it's probably been crippled :)
craig
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 am

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Next

Return to WDTV Live