[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Compiling on the WDTV ?

Compiling on the WDTV ?

Have a question about devices internals, memory layout, reverse engineering, etc---This is the place for anything so technical that it would cause a n00b's head to 'splode

Re: Compiling on the WDTV ?   

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Did you happen to look at what /etc/mtab really is? Its just a symlink to /proc/mounts ;)

I've added the symlinking into the run script.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby DJArty » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:25 am

WD TV Live (1.05.04-WDLXTV-0.5.1.1);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413
DJArty
Developer

Postby chameleon_skin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:34 pm

B-Rad might have another answer, but my thought is that adding libraries to ld.so.cache is a bad idea because of the conflicts. This is how I worked with these issues in my Ruby package by using the init.d script.

1) In your init.d script for your package, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/apps/your-application-name/etc/lib/my-library.so (and of course, create that directory and put the correct version of your library file into it). Note that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is checked *before* your regular library locations.

2) Then, run your executable.

3) Finally, make sure to unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your init.d's stop method. This will ensure that after your program start, no other programs will accidentally get your version of the library (since they may depend on the older one).
chameleon_skin
Developer

Postby DJArty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 am

DJArty
Developer

Postby recliq » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:46 am

no, just those which are not included with wdlxtv or have a different version in wdlxtv
(do a ldd in normal wdlxtv environment, not chrooted debian image and see what it complains about. You need to supply only those libraries ldd in wdlxtv is complaining about.)
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby chameleon_skin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

LDD tells you all of the required libraries for a program, not just ones that are missing. For instance, here is the ldd output for /usr/bin/unzip:

WDTVLIVE[~]$ ldd /usr/bin/unzip
libbz2.so.1.0 => /lib/libbz2.so.1.0 (0x2aad8000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x2aafc000)
/lib/ld.so.1 (0x2aaa8000)

The left hand side tells you the libraries the program depends on, and the right hand side tells you the path to the library that satisfies it. If you see an entry of "not found" on the right side, then that means the library is not found on the WD TV. So those are the only ones you need to copy to your application's lib directory.
chameleon_skin
Developer

Postby DJArty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:03 am

Ok look please
1st ldd tell - no libevent... and about libc.so.6
So adding libevent-1.4.so.2 and libc.so.6 into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH dir.
Segmentation fault...

May be its possible to add specific old WD lib then configure or make application under squeeze by some key?
DJArty
Developer

Postby chameleon_skin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Maybe I'm just not understanding your output, but I see this line in the first block:

libevent-1.4.so.2 => /apps/transmission/usr/lib/libevent-1.4.so.2 (0x2ad50000)

So it looks like libevent already exists and is accessible.

You also have the comment:

dd libc.so.6 into the /apps/transmission/usr/lib/libevent-1.4.so.2

You didn't rename libc.so.6 to libevent-1.4.so.2, did you? I'm guessing that was a typo, and you meant that you copied both libc.so.6 and libevent-1.4.so.2 into /apps/transmission/usr/lib. Is that correct?

Also, you should read this page on the wiki:

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Creating_an_app_bin

Specifically this line:
"libraries should be placed in lib/ and not in usr/lib"

Don't know whether that is the problem or not.

You know, it would be a lot easier to help if I knew what you were trying to accomplish - it appears to be something regarding Transmission, but if I had a better idea perhaps I could give more concrete feedback on how to proceed.
chameleon_skin
Developer

Postby psychodad » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 am

im trying to compile the mkvtoolnix package because i want to create a customized mkvinfo.
i successfully compiled the matroska libs from matroska.org
but when compiling mkvtoolnix i get a segmentation fault by gcc after some files (and some minutes).
before mounting the squeeze image i killed all processes like dmaosd and so on to have as much free memory as possible.

did someone noticed such an error before and can help me?
psychodad
Developer

Postby DJArty » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 am

DJArty
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV Live