ELinks text console based web browser UPDATED 3-25-2014

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: ELinks text console based web browser   

Postby petermg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:36 pm

petermg wrote:
mad_ady wrote:I moved my image on a NFS share and made it 4G... :)

Nice. Wonder if I can do that with an smb share on my Windows 7 machine.... Maybe I'll give that a try.

Ok mad_ady I'm trying it now! Had a heck of a time with xmount to mount my windows share rw but FINALLY got it working!!!! I think some info on this is missing or needs to be updated on the wiki for xmount
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Net.mounts
It says under "Note the options above and change ro to rw, which will give you the following command:" however I ALSO had to REMOVE "iocharset=utf8," like this guy here:
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7814&start=10#p65491
in order to get it to successfully mount with read write support.
So as of now I'm creating a new file via the first method here:
http://b-rad.cc/170/wdtv-optware-tips-resizing-optbin/
4 gigs in size.... this is gonna take some time... since I'm running the command from the wdlxtv through wifi to my windows share HAHAHAHAH ;)

Thanks mad_ady for the suggestion. :mrgreen:
petermg
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 am

I guess samba is not that bad, but over wifi... prepare for some waiting :D
I'm using it over wired NFS.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby petermg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:39 pm

mad_ady wrote:I guess samba is not that bad, but over wifi... prepare for some waiting :D
I'm using it over wired NFS.

Ok ran into too many complications doing it over smb with Windows7, although I could mount rw, later I would get "cannot allocate memory" and read this is an issue with xmount and Windows 7 using samba. So I just deleted some movies off the 32GB usb drive I was using and have my expanded squeeze image on there now.

Now as far as getting this to work with js, I'm having a lot of problems. It checks for spidermonkey to be installed during ./configure and if it is then it is SUPPOSED to use that, however during the checking it says that it's checking two locations, doesn't find it in the first, then finds it in the second but says it's "unusable" and when ./configure is done is says it has been configure WITHOUT js support. So I downloaded spidermonkey and wanted to compile the latest and install it, sounds reasonable right? Even for a noob I thought that made sense. So I downloaded it and the README and INSTALL files have very little to say and what they do say aside from "hey look on the website for the docs and info" is how to compile it. Only thing is, it doesn't work that way. So I look on the site and yes more info there but it says I must use autoconf 2.13!!! and says that a NEWER version of autoconf will not work. Great, I have autoconf 2.67 installed and have no interest downgrading and risking messing up compiling for everything else. I know I've not given super specific info, cuz I'm ranting right now, I will post the specifics of the errors I've gotten here soon.
petermg
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 pm

you might take a look at WDTVext
I know spidermonkey was used for that

what I don't know, is spidermonkey a separate item you can link against or
was it just incorporated WDTVext
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby petermg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Ok, according to the elinks website all you have to do to get elinks to compile with js support, is to simply have spidermonkey installed:
http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/html/manual.html-chunked/ch01s06.html

Code: Select all
# apt-get install libmozjs-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
libmozjs-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
# apt-get install libsmjs-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package libsmjs-dev

and during ./configure I get

checking for SpiderMonkey (1.8.5 or later) in pkg-config mozjs185... no
checking for SpiderMonkey (1.8.5 or later) in pkg-config mozilla-js... found but unusable

and the Feature summary says this about it:
ECMAScript (JavaScript) ......... no

SO....................
Maybe I can fix this by compiling SM and installing it from source? :D GREAT IDEA!!! or so I hoped...
the INSTALL file for the SM source says:

Building with default options may be performed as follows:
  cd js/src
  ./configure
  make

Ok so lets do it, ./conifgure works fine then...

# pwd
/home/mozjs-24.2.0/js/src
# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
#

Ok, well that INSTALL file was really helpful... but it DOES say for FULL documentation to check here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation
Ok lets do that....

and this is where I find I need autoconf 2.13... really?..... :x I would assume that there is a way for me to install autoconf 2.13 while at the same time keeping my latest version of autoconf but alas I need a breather before I take on the next possible few learning curves... :roll:
Last edited by petermg on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petermg
WDTVer

Postby petermg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 pm

KAD wrote:you might take a look at WDTVext
I know spidermonkey was used for that

what I don't know, is spidermonkey a separate item you can link against or
was it just incorporated WDTVext

I'll look into that, not sure where to start though... if I do then I will have to see if I can just point the ./configure script to the SM dir for compiling maybe....?...
petermg
WDTVer

Postby KAD » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:28 pm

you'll be better off, if you can do this without linking WDTVext

but here it is http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6800
you'll notice
"Status update 20 Apr 2012
* migrating to spidermonkey 1.8.5 for json "
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby petermg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Ok my bad, apparently I need python 2.7 or above and I'm running 2.6. ummm...... Guess I'll have to figure out how to install 2.7 or above manually and go from there to continue my attempts at building spidermonkey from source...
petermg
WDTVer

Postby petermg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Ok I am having such a dramatic SAGA trying to get this thing to compile with js support. So I'm trying to build and install spidermonkey 1.8.5 from source and then try again because the ./configure for elinks finds spidermonkey but I think it's the wrong version because it says it found it but it's unusable and from looking into the configure script it first looks for version 1.8.5. I ran into THIS wonderful bug :)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=638056
but I'm trying to apply the fix and am attempting to MAKE it again right now. I've been working on this on and off in whatever free time I get and still truckin'. The elinks that gets installed from apt-get install elinks does NOT come with js support.... I wonder why... ;)
petermg
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Sorry I suggested adding js :)
You can rebuild the standard version and I will push it to svn, and keep working on the js version if you still want to. :)
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins