sleeptimer.app.bin

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: sleeptimer.app.bin   

Postby elroid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi, sorry but I'm from Spain and I do not understand English well. and let me know as I have to install this plugin. plus I have the WDTV live with a usb installed moviesheet+
Thanks
elroid
n00b

Postby iamnoi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi, I just updated my wdtvlive to wdlxtv live and I want the sleep timer so bad. I'm sorry for asking this but where would you get this

DMAOSD_DEBUG must be "File" or "File + stderr" (first tab in WEC under "system")
if DMAOSD_DEBUG is "OFF" this will not work

where can I find this? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
iamnoi
n00b

Postby recliq » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 am

Remember, first read/search the forum and wiki then ask questions, thank you! :roll:

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/S00custom-options
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby KAD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 am

new version 1.4 is available

also, app.bin is now on svn, download/install new version using addons manager
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby nafnist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Awesome!

This is a must have app.

I have several friends who have lost all their stuff because their hard-drives died. With wdlxtv and this app you do not have that issue.
Wdlxtv will put connected hard-drive into sleep mode and it will not spin up until you access it. Still visable on LAN while in sleep.
Just LOVING it.

Thanks!
nafnist
WDTVer

Postby allidea » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:42 am

I'm using this script with WDTV Live and 1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.2 [flash] but I've noticed it will send wdtv to sleep even if pause is pressed. I guess it doesn't parse File and/or stderr output well. Can this be fixed please? Thanks.
Have a problem? Visit Tweak Master's House Of Useful Tricks.
Ad 1) I tend to find a solution by myself just after I submit a new post asking others to do it for me.
Ad 2) Proud to be *nix n00b - not because I prefer m$, rather I'm trying to get better at it!
allidea
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:26 am

I think this was the desired mode of operation. It doesn't go to sleep when you have activity or when media is playing back. If media playback is paused, then it eventually goes to sleep...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby KAD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 am

yep that is the desired operation, it's a very simplistic timer

it does not parse any output from stderr or stdout
it reads the time stamp on dmaosd.log, if nothing has happened in X seconds, then shutdown
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins