sleeptimer.app.bin

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: sleeptimer.app.bin   

Postby KAD » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:41 pm

yes it sends irinject POWER

many ways to do this

just open up the app.bin - by mounting it somewhere and then copy the S99sleeptimer, in windows you could use explore2fs, or boot the app.bin on your WD and copy the script directly to /conf
then rename the script to S99user-script
put the script in /conf
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby 530farm » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:19 pm

HI KAD,

Thanks for the response.

So if i do this, i will be able to have the USB power turn off when it goes to sleep?

I'm having trouble finding a way to open up the .bin file on a mac. Do you have a solution?

Thanks
530farm
n00b

Postby KAD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:26 pm

I know nothing about mac's, I tend to stay away from them

I'm recommend, you put the app.bin on a USB thumbdrive
enable it and reboot

you can then use ftp or telnet/ssh to access it
look under /apps

once you've copied it, then you can remove the usb thumbdrive

KAD
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby 530farm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 pm

KAD wrote:yes it sends irinject POWER

many ways to do this

just open up the app.bin - by mounting it somewhere and then copy the S99sleeptimer, in windows you could use explore2fs, or boot the app.bin on your WD and copy the script directly to /conf
then rename the script to S99user-script
put the script in /conf

I apologize for the noob question. I was reading the shell commands but am a bit uncertain on how to copy the script directly to /conf then rename the script to S99user-script. Can you provide the commands? This is all done on the Web UI, correct?

Thanks
530farm
n00b

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm

the recommendation for those not comfortable/familiar with shell cmds

is to use an ftp client
filezilla is free
and allows you to copy and rename files easily without needing to know the shell cmds

just find the file S99sleeptimer
in the directory /apps
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby 530farm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 pm

I appreciate your continued help.

I was successfully able to find and copy /apps/sleeptimer/etc/init.d/S99sleeptimer and copy it as /conf/S99sleeptimer, then renamed it to /conf/S99user-script. Using putty and using SSH shell commands.

However it doesn't go to sleep. When looking on the dolphin "file manger" on the WEC, I see it as "/conf/S99user-script", however I can't figure out how to find it and adjust it's settings. It is no longer under the WEC, "Apps' section, and i don't see any sign of it under the WEC's "config" tab.
530farm
n00b

Postby KAD » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 am

yeah, most of that is to be expected, by moving the 1 script to conf and getting rid of the rest of the app.bin you loose the configuration options in wec

you could test it manually from cmd line, see what output you get
Code: Select all
/conf/S99user-script restart

the other place you can look is the bug report on the webend, there's a few logger messages that will tell you if it started
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby insaned » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm

I did everthing as it should, lowered the value to 60 seconds to test it and it seems not to work with me... it just doesn't trigger... any ideas?
insaned
n00b

Postby KAD » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

well first thing is that system check is only done every 200 seconds

so you need to be patient

besides that after changing any settings in WEC you should probably reboot
to make sure dmaosd.log exist, etc
if you did not reboot after enabling it, it does not exist yet

other idea's look at the bug report and see what it says
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby insaned » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Kad,

thanks for the reply.
If I leave it empty to default it turns off by itself, so it's perfectly fine for me, and been
busy trying to make the god damn samba share to get write acess in windows, so can't test this for now.

Anyway, thanks for the app.bin , because I only noticed it existed after tweaking EIRI (a whole night to fire this out) since I'm a noob, just
at the end to notice that you could saved me a night of sleep if I saw this right after dinner time :mrgreen:
insaned
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins