Webplayer Jukebox app.bin

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Webplayer Jukebox app.bin   

Postby Martin_L » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Webplayer is a daemon that plays a music playlist from the local drives to WDTV. It can be remote-controled through a web, where you build your playlist, start and stop it.

This is based on the code from the user "Mozilla" at the WebEnd forum. (http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2031&start=50)

I packed it into an app.bin, compatible with the new Addson manager. You can start, stop the daemon, and set it to start automatically on each boot. It also allows to access the page from the WebEnd.
(You can also access the control going to http://'wdtv_ip':8080)

I added a menu called "Catalog" which allows (based on sqlite) browsing the music database index created by wdtv on the hard drives. You can select which disk you want to browse and you can filter for artist, album and genre. You can add entire albums to the playlist.

You can also clear the playlist.

I missed wondercrow's improvements to the code (sorry) but I may work on adding them at a later time.

This version 0.6 is still preliminar but it does the job.
https://sites.google.com/site/wdlxtvliveexperiences/projects/webplayer-jukebox

(I hope that this or a later version can make it to the official wdlxtv repository!)

Enjoy the app!

Martin_L
Last edited by Martin_L on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin_L
DLX'er

Re: Webplayer Jukebox app.bin   

Postby pennhaven » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks for turning this into an app.bin Martin_L. 8-)

Wondercow's GUI enhancements are definitely worth including. I hope you find time to do this too, so I'll be more motivated to use your app, with its new functionality. Until then I'll probably keep loading the Wondercow version via s99user-script. :)
pennhaven
Designer

Postby llucax » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey! Great app!

Small suggestion. Be more permissive with shown files! At least show .mkv .mpeg .mpg .mov .ogg, etc. I would be nice to make it configurable. I just changed the $ALLOWED_TYPES to '.*' for now so I can even see everything ;-)
llucax
n00b

Postby Martin_L » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:09 pm

I am releasing a new version of the player.
It now includes a jQTouch interface (with a iPod/iPhone-ish look), inspired in that of "Wondercrow", but heavily re-programmed. In fact, it is optimized for iPod/iPhone and it includes animations. It still looks good in Firefox, and within the Webend. It relies on jQuery and shows a nice and stable interface.

I still have improvements and corrections in mind, but this version is pretty functional.
Enjoy!

You can find the app.bin and instructions on how to use it at:
https://sites.google.com/site/wdlxtvliveexperiences/projects/webplayer-jukebox

@pennhaven, You were right and the interface is important. It took me some effort to study the jQTouch and jQuery frameworks to get this the way I wanted. I think that it was worth the effort, at least for me.
@llucax, I will take your suggestion into account for future versions. Thanks.

Martin
Martin_L
DLX'er

Postby nicandmih » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:58 am

Hi I`ll try your bin and i have this message from the webend
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/addons/addonsmanager/index.php:454 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/addons/addonsmanager/index.php(454): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('donsmanager/index.php(977): wam_GetLocalAppList() #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/addons/addonsmanager/index.php on line 454

I`m working with 1.05.04wdlxtv 5.1.1
nicandmih
Donor

Postby Snowrisk » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:44 am

Same here.... :?:
Snowrisk
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:36 am

You have a malformed XML manifest. You must replace & with its corresponding meta-entity in your URL section.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Martin_L » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:59 am

Fixed!

Known issues:
- In folder browsing mode, the link to "Root" does not work properly (fixing pending)
- In database browsing mode, the filter is supposed to be cleared when going back. Sometimes this does not happen.

I will fix these issues in future versions.

Thank you!

Martin
Martin_L
DLX'er

Postby pennhaven » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Martin_L wrote:@pennhaven, You were right...
What, not again? ;)

Thanks for continuing development on this Martin. I got around to testing the app yesterday. The only issue I'm having is with the database. I'm not seeing any button in the upper right of the "catalog page".
https://sites.google.com/site/wdlxtvliveexperiences/projects/webplayer-jukebox wrote:- The other mode of the application is the CATALOG page(s). You can switch between CATALOG and PLAYLIST with the "catalog/list" switch button (a square with lines). In the CATALOG you can select which songs you want on your playlist. You can select songs from your multimedia database or from the list of files in your drive. Switch between both forms of selection by clicking the upper-right button on the CATALOG page...

Possibly the issue is that I'm using shares mounted from my NAS and not directly attached USB drives. I'm using 1.05.04 SVN rev 640 with a .wdlxtv.db file on the root of my music share, but I don't know if the SQLite DB will function that way.

Any advice appreciated.
pennhaven
Designer

Postby naltimari » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm having issues too, because of the dreaded 'media library requires more space' problem. dmaosd does not seem to realize that the drive has plenty of space, thus it does not create the .wd_tv/*.cas database. I have to browse using the folder structure, because I can't figure out what's wrong.

My 1Tb USB drive currently has 2 partitions: 1st is an ext3, with the bootable .rootFS filesystem, and the 2nd a large NTFS media repository. I certainly woldn't like to repartition the whole thing...
naltimari
Donor

Next

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins