Simulated USB Keyboard + WebEnd Keyboard

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: Simulated USB Keyboard + WebEnd Keyboard   

Postby bond_007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am

just tried it with a EXT3 boot version of 1.03.49 live 0.4.7.3
ran through telnet (putty), and getting "invalid character!" answers :-( it doesn't seem fast either
connected through lan (WDTV) and wlan (putty)
tested input in search window of Youtube (video)

it would be a nice feature still....

edit: this boot version runs from 1.02.21 flashed WDLXTV. Maybe it runs slow because it runs from usb instead of flash ?
bond_007
WDTVer

Postby danoo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Wow, this keyboard and the fakekey is really what I was looking for.

There is just one request: Please add the possibility to send any scancodes...

I'm especially interested in sending the PRINTSCREEN key. If dmaosd will receive the PRINTSCREEN command and in directfbrc we define a screenshot_dir, then we can have wdlx create screenshots (pgm files) that can be retrieved an displayed as a remote viewer !

I'm looking to create a solution for 1.03.49 and greater FW to also have a remote viewer possiblity, since this one only works with 1.02 FW:

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=4736.0

Please tell me if you could add it...
Regards
using 1.03.49_V_WDLXTV.COM_EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.4.7.3
danoo
n00b

Postby kelad » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 am

I was going to buy the Mini keyboard from ebay. Just gave this virtual keyboard a crack and its gold. Saving my cash. Thanks ! :D
kelad
Donor

Postby flazizi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:47 am

Just tried and it working fine for me, I'm able to go throw the webend keyboard using my Nokia phone, but the display is not adapted for phone navigation and the response time is slow.

I was wondering if there is way to run the simulator is server/client side using socket for example, we can write some more intuitive and faster remote controle/keyboard for phones using it hardware (keyboard, Five-way scroll key,Volume and mute keys, Accelerometer sensor...) ?
flazizi
n00b

Postby Gourav » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 am

Great work b-rad, that's what I was looking for.
Gourav
n00b

Postby Parduz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 am

Question:
could this virtual keyboard be used in conjunction with EIRI?
I'd like to use the num keys of my remote (a Logitech Harmony 300, but it emulates an old Nortek DVD remote) as a phone keyboard (so pressing "2" repeatedly you will have "a - b - c - 2").... i'm a total ignorant about how to achieve this, as i'm a Windows/DOS programmer and i don't know nothing about Linux and his scripts.... anyway i think it could be done....

....or, would you like to write another virtual keyboard app that just "read" the codes from EIRI (as for the output you get with telnet) and then handles the keys automagically? ;)

edit:
forgot to ask.... does this app works on the "non-plus" WDTV live?
Parduz
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 am

Never thought of it working that way... No, b-rad's virtual keyboard lets you send text strings to wdtv's input fields.
You could build a script around your concept and count the times a certain key is sent in an amount of time and determine what key you should send onscreen (via b-rad's app), but it would seem overkill, since you wouldn't have any visual feedback...
Or, alternatively you could hardcode some searchterms on some keys an push a key for a standard string.

And yes, it works on lives as well, but you need a 1.05 base firmware for it to work.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby muwa » Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 am

Works great with Kindle keyboard. My search for WDTV wireless keyboard is over. Thanks!
muwa
n00b

Postby nalott » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:15 am

Conjunction with EIRI (or similar solution alowing to use number/character keys for text input) would really make me happy. Even the "overkill" version with no visual feedback ;)
nalott
n00b

Postby bspm » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:36 am

Hi,
My firmware is 0.4.7.3 Live . VKeyboard appeared on webend but keys not working.
Tried telnet
fakekey UP
fakekey helloareyouthere
invalid character! :)
No response.Any idea whats wrong ?
bspm
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins