Simulated USB Keyboard + WebEnd Keyboard

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: USB Fake Keyboard   

Postby b-rad.cc » Mon May 30, 2011 5:54 pm

*BuMP*

included forgotten PGUP/PGDN buttons for full system navigation via keyboard
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 am

OK...I'm determined to improve this keyboard until I get at least ONE more freakin response! :P

now:
- web keyboard connects to real keyboard and relays keystrokes
---- works in firefox & opera
---- android (2.2) arrow keys don't work.
---- android (2.2) backspace doesn't always work.

If you have no hardware keyboard click the little box thing below the main text display and above the keyboard, it will bring up android keyboard if you don't want to use the html keyboard buttons

This means with a laptop/desktop you can have full control over your WDLXTV, using your laptop/desktop keyboard! If i can sort the pesky arrow & backspace key on android it'll be perfect. :mrgreen:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby juliojs » Tue May 31, 2011 1:29 am

WOW! :o Great improvement in one day!

I've no idea about how to map extended ascii characters so we will work with the basic characters. No cons, this feature is still GREAT. :D

After a few test:
- With the new delay it seems to be working perfect, no errors, but still getting the "invalid character!" warning after every command.
- BACKSPACE from the web interface is working as SPACE for me.
- ' key not working on web interface.
- Clicking on \ key produces a log-out (login screen) on PC browser (firefox) and with Android (Opera Mobile) writes the character two times (\\) and sends a new-line (enter).
- Special characters (!$%&) doesn't work with Android virtual keyboard (Gingerbread).
- Some design issues with Opera Mobile for Android and Firefox on PC, the last key positions from every line are moved to the next line. On Android default browser is working ok.

Thanks!
Image Android app-> WDTV MediaPlayers Remote
WDTV blog (Spanish)-> wdtv-osdmod.blogspot.com
juliojs
OSD Themer

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 am

juliojs wrote:WOW! :o Great improvement in one day!

I've no idea about how to map extended ascii characters so we will work with the basic characters. No cons, this feature is still GREAT. :D

After a few test:
- With the new delay it seems to be working perfect, no errors, but still getting the "invalid character!" warning after every command.
- BACKSPACE from the web interface is working as SPACE for me.
- ' key not working on web interface.
- Clicking on \ key produces a log-out (login screen) on PC browser (firefox) and with Android (Opera Mobile) writes the character two times (\\) and sends a new-line (enter).
- Special characters (!$%&) doesn't work with Android virtual keyboard (Gingerbread).
- Some design issues with Opera Mobile for Android and Firefox on PC, the last key positions from every line are moved to the next line. On Android default browser is working ok.

Thanks!

I don't see this 'invalid character' warning, so I wonder if your keyboard layout is sending an extra character each time.

backspace works for me in FF 3.6.17 and (25% of the time) android (2.2) browser.

single quote works for me in FF 3.6.17, but its a special key used to bring up quick search so the interception might not work in all versions/browsers

same thing with backslash, although it works fine for me here on my platforms.

i'll look into special characters on sw keyboard.

keyboard formatting has to be fixed, buttons with a set width in pixels are obviously not equal across all browsers and even versions of the same browser...and here i thought 51px was...51px. :lol: I've knocked each button down 1px, maybe this is enough for them to squeeze in on all browsers now.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Re: Simulated USB Keyboard   

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue May 31, 2011 10:12 am

*BuMP*

public release to nail down bugs before firmware integration.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby juliojs » Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

b-rad.cc wrote:I don't see this 'invalid character' warning, so I wonder if your keyboard layout is sending an extra character each time.

backspace works for me in FF 3.6.17 and (25% of the time) android (2.2) browser.

single quote works for me in FF 3.6.17, but its a special key used to bring up quick search so the interception might not work in all versions/browsers

same thing with backslash, although it works fine for me here on my platforms.

i'll look into special characters on sw keyboard.

keyboard formatting has to be fixed, buttons with a set width in pixels are obviously not equal across all browsers and even versions of the same browser...and here i thought 51px was...51px. :lol: I've knocked each button down 1px, maybe this is enough for them to squeeze in on all browsers now.

- Invalid character warning only appears sending 2 or more characters at the same time. Tested on ubuntu, Android "Terminal Emulator" app and wec telnet client. (see screenshot)
- I'm using FF4.0.1, but same formatting, backspace, single quote and backslash issues on Chrome and Opera. All tested on Ubuntu.
- Android test are over HTC Desire with Android 2.3.4

Just uploaded some screenshot on this picassa album.

I'll give it a try on Windows to see what happens. :)

Thanks!
juliojs
OSD Themer

Re: Simulated USB Keyboard + WebEnd Keyboard   

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

ok...the invalid character bug must have crept into the code after i stopped testing it. I do see it :)

i'll download opera for my epic 4g and see what it looks like. The picture seems like its rendering incorrectly. I might as well install FF4 too. I'll probably look at using something besides standard button to make the keyboard look the same across all browsers. Something that scaled would be pretty nice too.

I have some ideas on how to add seperate support for extended ascii too.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby juliojs » Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 pm

b-rad.cc wrote:ok...the invalid character bug must have crept into the code after i stopped testing it. I do see it :)

i'll download opera for my epic 4g and see what it looks like. The picture seems like its rendering incorrectly. I might as well install FF4 too. I'll probably look at using something besides standard button to make the keyboard look the same across all browsers. Something that scaled would be pretty nice too.

I have some ideas on how to add seperate support for extended ascii too.

Ok, there is no problem with the "invalid character" warning, all seems to be working fine.
Yes, the best solution is to make an scalable interface, that should work on any browser and OS.

The extended ascii support should be perfect for non-english users (like me :D ), if you need help or do more test, feel free to ask me.

PS: Tested on windows, same issues.
juliojs
OSD Themer

Postby shunte » Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 pm

works great, little bit of lag when using the keyboard keyboard but snappy when using the mouse on the fake keyboard - either way miles better than the hunt and peck via the remote and a great addition to the webend.

I actually bought a USB keyboard a month or so back, wish I'd known this was coming and saved myself a little cash
Last edited by shunte on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you like the work I do please feel free to make a donation to the Red Cross
shunte
Developer

Postby Sniper_Swe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 am

Great app!!! Works good with hardware keyboard on nokia n900 runnig maemo 5 and android.
Works well outside homenetwork to. Same speed
Sniper_Swe
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins