**UPDATE-Transmission 2.20 standard/lightweight

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: **UPDATE-Transmission 2.20 standard/lightweight   

Postby custard » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am

My method of updating the blocklist.
1) Download transmission remote gui and setup ip address to point to wdlxtv in Tools - Connection options.
2) Goto: Tools - Transmission options - Network - Enable blocklist (place tick in box)
3) Paste this address into the section under enable blocklist http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_level1 and press OK.
4) In remote gui goto Tools - Update blocklist.

The update should take about a minute or so. If successful a pop up message will tell you that the list has updated. The updated bin file can be found under blocklist in the hidden config folder on your hard drive where transmission stores downloads.
custard
Donor

Postby Jimble » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks Custard,

That's just what i was after :D
Jimble
Donor

Postby wishmaster.dj » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:28 am

thanks custard!

very nicely explained! :)

I really like transmission! Thanks devs!
wishmaster.dj
DLX'er

could not connect to tracker   

Postby Endeavour79 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 am

Hi, as a total Linux noob I just managed to install your Transmission 2.52 and set up port forwarding and blocklist.
I tried to download a test torrent via magnet link from TPB but I am getting the error Tracker: Could not connect to tracker message.

Do you guys have any recommendation, what to do :?:

Cheers
Endeavour79
WDTVer

Postby dentex » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:50 am

Hi,
just a couple of things arise to my mind:
1) did you try just ONE torrent? if YES try with a few more (Sorry if it's too obvious);
2) if you searched via PirateBay AND like me you are in a country where you need a proxy like "anonymouse" to access the site, remove the part of the magnet link BEFORE the word "magnet" in order for the link itself to work (copy from PB -> paste in a word editor -> remove 1st part -> copy again -> paste in Transmission web gui)

ciao.
dentex
Supporter

Postby custard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 am

@ Dentex.

You might consider using Trsnsmission Remote GUI - the latest version automatically opens magnet links without having to copy and paste. Just remember to set magnet associations when installation options are shown.
custard
Donor

Postby dentex » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 am

custard wrote:@ Dentex.

You might consider using Trsnsmission Remote GUI - the latest version automatically opens magnet links without having to copy and paste. Just remember to set magnet associations when installation options are shown.

Thanks custard, in this case we should to check if the magnet link works with the proxy stuff ahead.
(should be something like "www.anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/magnet[...]")
I knew about Trsnsmission Remote GUI but didn't tried it yet.
dentex
Supporter

Postby custard » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 pm

@ Dentex.

I have to use a proxy myself as piratebay is blocked for me. I have no problems opening magnet links using a proxy or mirror. If you have things setup correctly the remote gui should automatically start when you left click on the magnet icon. This bypasses the proxy address. If left clicking on the magnet icon opens a webpage with the address then the magnet association has not been setup correctly when installing.

In any case i don't get the proxy address ahead of the magnet address so i dont know why you are getting those bits in yours... :?

My favourite mirror at the moment is http://tpb.genyaa.org/thepiratebay.se although a proxy such as http://hidemyass.com/ works fine for me aswell.
custard
Donor

Postby Endeavour79 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I got the problem with TPB resolved and using Transmission Remote GUI or web front end is really comfortable.
One big problem does still exist and I am not sure if this is a Transmission or WDLXTV (limitations) issue.

When I try do download larger files (I tried some test MKVs), the doownload runs normally. But when I try to watch the file, the playback is stuttering, the movie file seems to be corrupted somehow.
I tried to reconvert with mkvtools and there are a lot of bad blocks in the files.

So in summary, I assume that for some reasons the files get corrupted during download. Is this a common known problem, is there any fix or workaround?

Thanks guys! Cheers

UPDATE: I did a verify on the 100% finished files in Transmission and it appears that they are all only about 50%-60% downloaded (after verify finished). What's wrong here?
Endeavour79
WDTVer

Postby custard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Endeavour79 wrote:Thanks for your help guys. I got the problem with TPB resolved and using Transmission Remote GUI or web front end is really comfortable.
One big problem does still exist and I am not sure if this is a Transmission or WDLXTV (limitations) issue.

When I try do download larger files (I tried some test MKVs), the doownload runs normally. But when I try to watch the file, the playback is stuttering, the movie file seems to be corrupted somehow.
I tried to reconvert with mkvtools and there are a lot of bad blocks in the files.

So in summary, I assume that for some reasons the files get corrupted during download. Is this a common known problem, is there any fix or workaround?

Thanks guys! Cheers

UPDATE: I did a verify on the 100% finished files in Transmission and it appears that they are all only about 50%-60% downloaded (after verify finished). What's wrong here?

Which version of transmission and which firmware for wdlxtv are you using? I had this similar problem when using an older transmission version on 1.05.04 - 0.5.1.1 live flash.
So i reverted to wdlxtvlive 1.05.04 - 0.5.0.0. which works fine. This older custom firmware works well with the latest transmission aswell.
custard
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins