HDSync 1.2

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: HDSync 1.2   

Postby lakser » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 am

got everything working by switching out the dlink 615 for a basic linksys workgroup switch.

only problem i am having now is it takes about 40 - 45 seconds for the video to loop again.
any ideas on how to bring that time down a bit.
lakser
n00b

Postby jaromil » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm

yep the hub/switch used makes a difference: hdsync uses UDP multicast messages to sync clients which certain switches block :^/

for the loop time unfortunately there isn't much to do, you can try lower down sleep times into the handshake code, but thats tricky and it might break things.

ciao
Jaromil, developer @ Dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39
jaromil
Developer

HDSync 1.3   

Postby calovel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

Hello, all,

I am working as the technical support for an art exhibit and have been trying to get HDSync 1.3 to work with absolutely no luck. I am using two WDTV Live boxes and have tried both versions of the 1.02.21 firmwares, 1.02.21-WDLXTV-Live-0.4.7.3 and 1.02.21-WDLXTV-Live-0.5.1.1. I've tried multiple routers (D-Link DIR-655, Asus RT-N12 with DD-WRT, Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT) and finally a Netgear GS108 switch. I've tried pretty much every configuration of static and dynamic DHCP in the routers themselves, the config file, and in the WDTV boxes. I've already tried formatting the USB drives using ext3, ext4, fat32, and hfs+, all with no luck. I feel like I've tried most everything I could think of.

At this point, I am wondering if anyone else has gotten HDSync 1.3 to work and which firmware you were using when you did it. If you've gotten it to work with HDSync 1.3, I'd love to know every detail you'd be willing to share about your setup. Alternatively, does anyone know where one can still download the 1.2 precompiled bins? All the forum discussions seem to be focused around 1.2, so I am hoping if I could find that, perhaps I could make the setup work here.

Also, what were the exact export settings on someone's working MPEG-2? I have used every combination I could think of with both Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
calovel
n00b

Postby KAD » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:37 pm

website link was in first post

which also has download available for all prior versions
https://files.dyne.org/hdsync/releases/
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby calovel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello,

The previous releases on the website do not include the pre-compiled binary, hdsync.app.bin. Unfortunately I just do not have any experience compiling code. Does anyone have a link to those pre-compiled, previous release binaries?

Thanks!
calovel
n00b

Postby KAD » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I can't check it from work, but

did you download and unpack the tar.gz file

the folder is titled releases

and source code is hosted elsewhere on git repo
I would be very surprised if pre-compiled binary is not included in the release
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby calovel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Hello,

Yes, I downloaded and unpacked hdsync-1.2.tar.gz from the releases directory on the site. Nowhere in there is the hdsync.app.bin binary, which surprised me as well.

Thanks so much for your help!
calovel
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 am

https://files.dyne.org/hdsync/binary/

...how do you guys find anything on the webz? This was really easy to spot. :roll:
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby calovel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:23 am

Thanks for your reply, but that is the 1.3 binary, not the 1.2 binary.
calovel
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:44 am

ok sorry, I missed that you were actually searching for 1.2 release.

PM or email jaromil, the creator of this nice app, I'm sure he can help you ;)
PM and Mail in Profile
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins