[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
MiniDLNA 1.0.24 - 1.7 (18-Feb-2012)

MiniDLNA 1.0.24 - 1.7 (18-Feb-2012)

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.18.2_CVS-1.1 (22-Nov-2010)   

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Once again i appreciate the crash course , and i know alot more know about the file structures, but i cannot seem to get any directory
that i type in to stay in the directories you want scanned box in the minidlna settings, everytime i reboot the wdtv, the settings that
point to my usb drive disappear, i guess i still am not getting it. Thankyou for your patience.

Tim
Tim
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 pm

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Man i must be stuck in my old dos days with file directories, i was pretty good at dos and file structures
but for some reason not seeing this picture.

I have a minidlna.conf file on my usb drive which looks like it has a bunch of crap in it, obvioulsy a demo file.
But to copy it into /conf this is the part where i am lost, i guess i keep thinking i have to create a file folder
on the usb drive called conf, then copy the minidlna.conf into it, but obvioulsy not, Sorry not gettin it.

I am willing to pay you for your time, just send me your paypal email address once i get this figured
and i will send you some money.

Tim
Tim
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:06 pm

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks for that last piece of info , i am now one step further. I can now access my usb drive with MediaLink Player Lite on my iphone, but what i am still working on is getting WDTVRemote iphone app to show my movies on my phone but i still get empty folders. I see the movies now in the media player library on my computer, as soon i got the minidlna working they appeared in my media player as well, which obvioulsy i finally figured out the right directory to scan.

So what i am trying to do is use minidlna with the WDTVremote app to control my tv.

Have you used this app, if not any reccomendations, i just really want to see my movie list on my iphone and select then watch on tv. I did use mezzmo and it worked but in my mind i thought the minidlna would operate without the computer being on.

Thanks again

Tim
Tim
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I don't know this application, but it's possible it's only showing files available through the WDTV Media Library, not the ones shared through MiniDLNA (which require a DLNA client such as those I listed a few posts ago). Try one of the DLNA clients I listed, some of them also support sending a file to a "Media Renderer" - the WDTV is such a thing.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey RMerlin

I have tryed all those DLNA clients you listed, i found Plug Player to work great. Everything i wanted and more worth the small fee. I also appreciate all your
trainings and crash courses, i would like to send you 50 bucks for your time, and to show my appreciation. Can i send it to you via paypal, or other means.
Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Tim
Tim
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:04 pm

RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Tim » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Well i have been testing my setup with Plugplayer , minidlna and my iphone, so far everything is pretty good.

Now the only other issues i am having is getting my usb drives to pwr down after i turn off the wd live. I have read to take out the # on the config_tool -c USB_POWER_OFF=1 , line
in the S00 custom options, file then save it to my usb drive. Which i did. Then it must upload because after that it says disabled file, and from what i understand it uploads the file
once then disables, because there is no point for it to upload every time.

Or should i even worry about powering off the usb drives ?

Next i have folders on the usb drives, some movies , some tv shows, but what happens is they get comined into one big file on my iphone app, plugplayer. When i click on folders
there is no folders just one big file, is this an issue with the media app on the phone or something i can do on the minidlna side ? , because it would be nice to say have the folders
seperate, like they are on the usb drives, but i must say it is cool that both drives get accessed and alphabatized.

Thanks for your time and input, and once again thanks for everything !

Tim
Tim
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 pm

RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins