[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
MiniDLNA 1.0.24 - 1.7 (18-Feb-2012)

MiniDLNA 1.0.24 - 1.7 (18-Feb-2012)

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.19.3_CVS-1.4 (23-May-2011)   

Postby voiper99 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot buddy :)

However, I did encounter another issue. All of my movies are on an 2TB hard drive attached to the Live via USB. Now when I MiniDLNA to look at one of my directories, it worked fine, however, when I got it to look at all of my directories, it froze up. I tried rebooting a couple of times, and each time it happened. I have since stopped the MiniDLNA service and the Live does not freeze any more, so I can only assume that this issue has something to do with MiniDLNA. Could it be that it has too many movies to index/share so it locks up? If I leave it running, will it eventually start working again?

When I say locks up, I mean I cannot SSH to it nor can I get to the web GUI or control it on my TV with my remote, however, pings still do work.

I probably have 200+ files, all of which are rips of my DVD collection (I thought I should mention that in case the issue has something to do with the size of the files being shared).

Any ideas as to what's going on? Should I perhaps put the config file on my attached USB drive instead of /conf?

Thanks! :)
voiper99
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 am

Where is your database stored? /conf should only have the minidlna.conf file. Make sure MINIDLNA_DBPATH (on the configuration interface) points to somewhere on your hard disk.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby voiper99 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Originally it was in /tmp, but then I moved it to /conf and then I moved it to my USB drive, but all of these locations had the same result. I issued the top command and then started the minidlna service and saw CPU utilization go between 80% to 97% due to the minidlna process, then eventually I lose connectivity to the box.

I assume the cause of the issue is that the minidlna process uses the entire CPU which then crashes the box.

Are there any work arounds for this? Perhaps limiting the amount of CPU the minidlna process can use?

Thanks!
voiper99
Donor

Postby RMerlin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

CPU usage has nothing to do with it. What it could be doing however is crashing on a corrupted file it can't process (MiniDLNA ain't the most sturdy piece of code in that department...). Try splitting your collection of files until you can confirm if a specific file is causing an issue.

You could also monitor free memory using the "free" command over SSH to ensure you're not running out of memory.

And never save anything in /conf beside what told by a dev. That area only contains less than 100 KB, and filling it might cause you to, at best, crash your WDTV, and at worse, scrap ALL your settings and forcing you to reconfigure everything.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.21 - 1.6 (30-July-2011)   

Postby RMerlin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 am

MiniDLNA 1.6 is now available. One important change with this build is that I no longer include the required ffmpeg libraries. You must also install the separate ffmpeg.app.bin, which will provide those required libraries.

This new version is also based on MiniDLNA 1.0.21, which is the latest official release at this time.

See original post for download links (either from my website or through Addons Manager).
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Angus_NB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 am

WDLXTV Live Plus - 1.05.04 / 0.5.1.1
Angus_NB
DLX'er

Postby RMerlin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:25 am

RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Angus_NB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Angus_NB
DLX'er

Postby RMerlin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Click on "Enable MiniDLNA" to have it start at boot time.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Angus_NB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:35 pm

I do have Enable MiniDLNA checked.

But I still have to start it under Plugin Daemons after I reboot.
Angus_NB
DLX'er

PreviousNext

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins