[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
MiniDLNA 1.0.24 - 1.7 (18-Feb-2012)

Here is the place to inquire about app.bins--Only currently available apps for sigma 8655 based wdtv's belong in this forum. requests go in 'Application Questions'

Postby RMerlin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Last edited by RMerlin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider .
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.18-1.0 (18-Nov-2010)   

Postby NoSubstitute » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Great work, RMerlin!

Any hope it will ever support streaming NFS-linked content? Or is that a limitation of the original code?
There is !
NoSubstitute
Beta Tester

Postby RMerlin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm

WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby ggffnn » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:21 am

hi Rmerlin:
now the problem is that when i try to list my media files i can't find anything.
the log says : "upnpsoap.c:1370: warn: SoapMethod: Unknown: X_GetFeatureList
[2000/01/01 00:28:27] upnpsoap.c:1418: warn: Returning UPnPError 401: Invalid Action
[2000/01/01 00:28:27] upnpsoap.c:1370: warn: SoapMethod: Unknown: X_GetFeatureList
[2000/01/01 00:28:27] upnpsoap.c:1418: warn: Returning UPnPError 401: Invalid Action
[2000/01/01 00:28:28] upnpsoap.c:1370: warn: SoapMethod: Unknown: X_GetFeatureList
[2000/01/01 00:28:28] upnpsoap.c:1418: warn: Returning UPnPError 401: Invalid Action
[2000/01/01 00:28:28] upnpsoap.c:1370: warn: SoapMethod: Unknown: X_GetFeatureList
[2000/01/01 00:28:28] upnpsoap.c:1418: warn: Returning UPnPError 401: Invalid Action
"
any help?

Thanks
ggffnn
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 am

Did you set media_dir to point at your media?

What DLNA client are you using to browse?
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby seewdlxtv » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 am

seewdlxtv
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 am

DB location: actually, if you leave it to the default value (/tmp/minidlna), it will put the database on the same drive where you have the minidlna.app.bin, under the .minidlna_data/ directory. The db will not reside on the WDTV itself.

I also had a few weird cases where, sometimes after a reboot the database would be rebuilt from scratch, and other times it wouldn't. Not sure why, could be because minidlna was started before the disk was actually available for media scanning, or minidlna not properly closing its database on exit, causing it to be corrupted on next reboot.

minidlna.conf: once you copy it to /conf and you reboot, any subsequent reboot will use that file - no need to recopy it again. /tmp/minidlna.conf will point to /conf/minidlna.conf.

Hopefully the next release of WDLXTV ain't too far away. The newer WEC that will ship with it will have the required features to allow completely configuring minidlna through the web page.

Samsung's DLNA support is indeed quirky. I have seen a lot of people having trouble with it and other commercial DLNA servers such as Mezzmo. That is where a WDTV will give you a much more stable platform for streaming.

As for TwonkyMedia and mkv support... It must be something specific to the app.bin version being distributed in these forums. I copied the TwonkyMedia version WD uses with the WDTV Live Hub, ran it on my WDTV Live, and it had no trouble streaming a 5 mins MKV video to my desktop.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby RMerlin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 am

I did some finetuning and troubleshooting over the weekend, looking over the code. MiniDLNA has quite a few annoying limitations:

- If you change your media_dirs locations, you have to rebuild your database from scratch or else MiniDLNA will never know.
- Network mounted filesystems will work in my next release, however MiniDLNA is unable to detect any change done
to a networked fs, you have to rebuild your database from scratch to update it.
- If you do any change to your local (USB) medias while MiniDLNA is not running... guess what? Database rebuild required :)

Those limitations are in the MiniDLNA code itself. The author has been made aware of them in the past, and has shown little interest in improving that behavior. And I have little motivation in rewriting large portions of it to fix it myself, to tell the truth. So, the next version of the app.bin will offer an option to make MiniDLNA rebuild its database every time you start it. Next version is also based on the latest CVS snapshot, which include improved Samsung and Sony BD device support.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.18.2_CVS-1.1 (22-Nov-2010)   

Postby RMerlin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

New version now available - see the original post for details.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Re: MiniDLNA 1.0.18.2_CVS-1.1 (22-Nov-2010)   

Postby seewdlxtv » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 am

seewdlxtv
n00b

Next

Return to WDLXTV-G2 & WDLXTV-Live/Plus app.bins