You can also find it in the built-in WDLXTV Addons Manager.
IMPORTANT: Also requires ffmpeg.app.bin, also available either from the Addons Manager or from the same page!
Written by Justin Maggard
WDLXTV build and app.bin packaging by RMerlin.
See http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/ for more information on minidlna, or http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv for access to the latest WDLXTV version of it.
MiniDLNA (aka ReadyDLNA) is server software with the aim of being fully compliant with DLNA/UPnP-AV clients.
MiniDLNA will allow you to share your media files located on a USB disk plugged to your WDTV, making them available to DLNA clients over your network, such as Windows Media Player 12 (Windows), iMediaSuite, MediaLink Player Lite (iPod/iPhone), or even other DLNA compliant devices such as the Sony PS3.
- WDTV Live or WDTV Live Plus running the WDLXTV custom firmware version 0.4.3.1 or newer.
- ffmpeg.app.bin (available from the Addons Manager or from my website)
- USB disk plugged to the WDTV to host external app.bin files
- For full configuration support through the WebEnd Configurator, WDLXTV newer than 0.4.3.2 is required, else you have to manually configure MiniDLNA over SSH.
Copy the minidlna.app.bin file to the disk connected to your WDTV, then reboot to have WDLXTV load the application. The USB disk *must* remain plugged at all times to use MiniDLNA!
To enable it, go through the Webend, click on WDLXTV Config. Go to the Apps tab, then scroll down to the MiniDLNA section. Version 0.4.3.1 will give you a checkbox to enable/disable MiniDLNA, while newer version will also give you access to various options that can be changed from there.
To stop/start MiniDLNA, go to the main Webend page, and click on "Minidlna" under Plugin Daemons on the left menu.
You must tell MiniDLNA which path it can scan for your medias. WDLXTV 0.4.3.3 and newer can do so through the WDLXTV Config page. Users of 0.4.3.1-0.4.3.2 must log in using SSH, and edit the file located at /tmp/minidlna.conf. To make that file survive reboots, copy it to /conf.
Note that you must restart MiniDLNA every time you change something in its configuration.
- You CANNOT use a location in /tmp/media/usb/USB* if you expect this to start at boot. You MUST enable early mounting (.mnt) from the webend.
- MiniDLNA fails to update itself when you change the configured media_dirs. You have to force a database rebuild.
- MiniDLNA fails to detect media changes that occur while it's not running. You have to force a database rebuild.
- MiniDLNA can index and stream network mouted filesystems, but not detect any change made to them. You have to force a... you know the drill.
Changes in v1.0.18-1.0:
- Initial release, based on MiniDLNA 1.0.18.
Changes in v220.127.116.11_CVS-1.1:
- Automatically retrieve the device serial number
- Compiled latest CVS version, which has improved support for some Sony and Samsung devices.
- Fixed bug in MiniDLNA where the default presentation_url would use the service port instead of port 80.
- At boot time, wait to give more times for net mounts to be available.
- Added option to rebuild the DB at boot time
Changes in v18.104.22.168_CVS-1.2: (this version wasn't widely released)
- Improved start/stop script
Changes in v1.0.19_CVS-1.3:
- Based on MiniDLNA post-1.0.19 CVS
- Added package metadata required by WDLXTV's Addons Manager
Changes in v22.214.171.124_CVS-1.4:
- Based on MiniDLNA 126.96.36.199 CVS
- Fixed package metadata errors
- Recompiled using new dev environment
- Updated various libraries such as FFMPeg (now uses 0.6.3).
Changes in v1.0.21 - 1.6:
- Updated to 1.0.21. Release notes:
- ffmpeg libs no longer bundled, please install ffmpeg.app.bin.
Changes in v1.0.24 - 1.7:
- Updated to 1.0.24. Release notes:
- Static linked with libogg and libvorbis (should fix incorrectly built app.bin)
- Static linked libFLAC as the version in WDLXTV is broken, causing MiniDLNA's scanner to hang when it finds a FLAC file.