Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed!

General homebrew discussion area

Re: Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed   

Postby distrata » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:09 am

I have wifi and the device does not boot. I will disable the wdtvext to have a look on the rtorrent.

I will report my findings soon.
distrata
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks for reporting. I had a suspicion that wifi is initialized by dmaosd and IPUP doesn't make any difference in your case... I will think of a universal workaround and report back...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby distrata » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:56 pm

That has to be the case. Also note that rtorrent is reporting the same error about the CA certificates. Did you used the 0.9.2 version. This one is not working I have tried seperately with the app.bin. Hope it helped.
distrata
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 pm

So, did you try with the latest beta (released a few days ago)? Also, did you do the changes to your rtorrent config as stated in the changelog? You can try to delete/rename your config and a default one with ssl disabled should be generated.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby distrata » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 pm

I did try the latest beta. I also deleted the rtorrent.rc file ( i am not sure if this is the configuration file). I also tried the below codes found on rtorrent wiki.
Code: Select all
To use rTorrent with a tracker that uses HTTPS, do the following as root:
# cd /etc/ssl/certs
# wget --no-check-certificate https://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_certificates/certificates/Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA-1.cer
# mv Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA-1.cer Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA-1.pem
# c_rehash
And from now on run rTorrent with:
$ rtorrent -o http_capath=/etc/ssl/certs

The result was the same:
"Tracker: [Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates]"

I do not know what else to try...
distrata
WDTVer

Postby kroetkroet » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 pm

As per debugging: can you have a look in /conf, is "Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA-1.pem" located there?

PS. I have this:
# c_rehash
-sh: c_rehash: not found
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:51 pm

@distrata: can you post back your /conf/rtorrent.rc file? I added this command in the default rtorrent config that should disable certificate checking completely:
network.http.ssl_verify_peer.set=0

I doubt the commands to add a new certificate would work (since they are designed for regular Linux distros).
Also, you should have the CA Certificates in /etc/certs/cacert.pem - you can try pointing rtorrent to them, but it would still fail if the tracker has a self-signed certificate.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby guidobelix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:53 am

First of all let me say thank you mad_ady for all this great work!
I am testing 1.05.04 0.5.2.1 on a wired connection and I have experienced the following:
1) As others already reported, if network cable is unplugged, the unit will not boot (tested by chance, when the power supply of my switch failed :) )
2) Going to WDTVExt, I am using MediaMark and it is working ok, but whenever I've tried to use MediaFolder, OSD crashed everytime I have entered Videos folder.
3) As expected OSD freezes after a while. The strange thing is that sometimes it freezes after just one movie (a couple of hours), but once (just once up to now, unfortunately :cry: ) it worked for a couple of days without the need of rebooting my Live.

Thanks a lot once more
Guido
1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
guidobelix
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:11 am

Thanks for testing. I'm working on a more permanent solution to the networking problem (recliq is helping me as well). Regarding MediaFolder - I haven't tested it, but I've heard it will crash the unit. For now, consider it incompatible with this release.

Stability-wise - you're pretty much on your own. As you've seen it may work fine for a movie, or for a few days. I have no idea what causes the problems (probably something unfinished inside), nor can I fix them... :? If you like the features and find it acceptable to reboot often, then WDTVEXT might work for you... (I'm sticking to 1.02 for now... much smoother and more stable)
mad_ady
Developer

Postby guidobelix » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:56 am

Thanks mad_ady,
I have always (well, since a while, at least) used 1.05 because of MKV header compression and (especially) DVD menus and I prefer staying with it. I gave a try to the new release (0.5.2.1) mainly for two reasons: first of all because I wanted finally to try WDTVExt and then because I wanted to help, the little I can. And, if one day I'll be bothered by the reboot, I can always turn WDTVExt off :D
Anyway, if I notice something else I'll post it here.
1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
guidobelix
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion