[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed!

Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed!

General homebrew discussion area

Re: Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed   

Postby mad_ady » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:50 pm

mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:03 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:59 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:50 pm

mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 pm

WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our , search our and most of all: for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 pm

I managed to find part of the problem. It seems that if the config is reset there is no default WDTVEXT variable and the box boots with WDTVEXT=ON if it can't find the variable. I'm working on a patch to fix this. However, this only solves part of the problem. It means that you can boot and use the box without issues as long as you don't enable WDTVEXT. If I enabled WDTVEXT with the default config I got the same crash.

I left the unit to do some stress testing last night, but alas, it seems to have crashed worse because I can't access it over serial (I need to physically reboot it), so I will test it later. I'll do more tests with my complete config and then try to remove items (I have about 400 config items) and do repeted tests to see if there is one config item that causes this commotion... It will take a while. In the meantime I'll work on adding the extra features we've discussed...

Sorry to hear about your viral state, kroetkroet. Hope you get well soon...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52 am

Thx mad_ady, so if I understand you correctly: if I turn on WDTVExt, my unit will crash too? What to do to get out of it? Reset factory?

Don't want to get in too deep trouble :)
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our , search our and most of all: for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 am

mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks for the fall-back plan, I thought it would be through S00customs, but was not sure.

I'll test the WDTVExt=on for you first thing tomorrow. Keep you posted!
KK
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby distrata » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:58 pm

I managed to boot the 1.05 ext firmware to my box by setting the wdtvext value off on my flashed firmware. seems to work fine for now. What do you propose as a stress test?
distrata
WDTVer

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion