Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed!

General homebrew discussion area

Re: Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed   

Postby distrata » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 am

Hello,

I have tried to boot from 1.05.04_V.EXT3-BOOT_LIVE-0.5.2.1 but did not succeed. Did some basic trouble shooting but nothing. Blank screen and not recognizing any usb drive. If you need any further information please post.
distrata
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 am

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you have WDTVEXT=ON? If you do, can you try with WDTVEXT=OFF?
mad_ady
Developer

Postby distrata » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 am

Sorry My Mistake everything OK. Just took too long and confused me. It booted after a while.
distrata
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:39 am

Yeah, I gave it a try as well. It's slower to start than the flashed version, but should work the same way. Let me know if there are issues
mad_ady
Developer

Postby guidobelix » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 am

Hi mad_ady,

I have installed the flash version, but I have a question: I have noticed, by running uname -a, that i still have kernel #9 (which was the one I had before, btw).
Now, I have understood from the specific thread on power_off (http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8108) that I do need kernel #27 for that feature to work, don't I? In such a case, how can I install it? I have tried (as suggested somewhere in the forum) to replace the fff file you supplied with kerne #27 downloaded from the svn, but it doesn't work: OSD says it has found an update, I confirm to install it, my Live reboots, but nothing get installed! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Guido
1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
guidobelix
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:57 am

Kernel #9 is supplied with 1.02/1.05 live at the moment. Kernel #27 has more features, but it seems it supports less wifi adapters, so it will not be installed by default.
The power off & eject feature should work with any kernel - it's just a user script that does the work. Martin_L was using it with kernel 27, and was also testing the DEEP_SLEEP feature (which kernel #9 supports differently than kernel 27).
So, IMHO, you don't need to change kernels for this feature. Give it a try as it is (enable it first in the webend).
If you want to change kernels and use IPv6/iptables for instance, you can install kernel 27 by overwriting the wdtvlive.fff file with the one in svn (http://svn.wdlxtv.com/filedetails.php?repname=kernels&path=%2Flive-ipv6%2Fwdtvlive.fff). Then you force a firmware reflash and the new kernel will be installed in place. You just need to edit the ver file to pretend you're installing a newer firmware...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby guidobelix » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 am

Thank you mad_ady for your explanation. I had misunderstood in the first place. I'll do as you suggested. And report back any finding, obviously.
1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
guidobelix
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:07 pm

I realize that in the unix world "no news is good news", but, did anyone notice any issues with the new features?

I managed to catch a UMSP_STATISTICS bug (it failed to send stats data), and recliq has installed the necessary scripts server-side for this to work.

I'm hoping for an official release next week!
mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:55 am

Ok, next week is here and the new release is out. 0.5.2.1 is officially released (check the Firmware releases forum), 4 months later than I planned (It was meant to be just a quick release without too many features).

Thank you all for your contributions and testing! Let's continue discussions on the possible problems in the new support discussion threads.

For those of you who want to help out with further development, you can give me a hand with 1.06 porting here: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9073
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:18 am

If you weren't looking for "plus" guys, I'd be helping you out :lol: :mrgreen:
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion