Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed!

General homebrew discussion area

Re: Beta firmwares available (0.5.2.1) - Beta testers needed   

Postby luky » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:03 am

I see, that's pity. Thanks
luky
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:21 am

Since the new release is behind schedule, I'd like to add a new feature that needs testing: http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=8108&p=73621#p73621
Martin_L scripted a way to eject usb drives on power off and he needs your help with testing. I plan to include his changes in the firmware soon, but obviously you'd need a flashed firmware to try it out.

Please post feedback in his thread.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:26 pm

I've read the complete topic, but personally don't have had any of the described issues (maybe because I never used wdtvExt :lol: ) - so I don't know how to test on the latest firmware as wdtvext does not work properly)?
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 am

What do you mean? The USB Eject feature? You can test it either with 0.5.2.0 or 0.5.2.1 as base, with WDTVEXT=OFF...
Do you mean something else and I misunderstood?
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:32 pm

I did understand the part that I could test it with 0.5.2.0/1, the part I don't currently get is the usb eject. I always got 1 usb stick plugged in with app.bins, the second usb device is a once-in-a-while HDD to download nature documentaries with rtorrent. I can eject the latter through OSD without any issues, and still have to turn off the power unit of the external 3.5' disk. Only disadvantage is that I have to reboot the unit when powering on the device to get .mnt to kick in.

How can USB eject be tested in this situation as OSD ejects my disk with no problem, and the stick never can be ejected?
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our WIKI, search our Forum and most of all: donate 'something' to b-rad for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:43 pm

In that case it wouldn't work for you. It could work only if you don't have "dependencies" on your drives - e.g. .mnt, app.bins, etc.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 am

Sorry, that's what I thought :shock: Hope some-one else can beta-test it for you guys :mrgreen:
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby guidobelix » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 am

Up to now I have been running 0.5.2.1 (svn clone) off a USB stick, but I'd like to be able to test the power-down feature. Do the links in the zip files in the first post include already this feature?
By the way, I like the new layout of the webend, it looks much better!
Thanks for all the time you've put in this!
1.05.04_V.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.5.2.0
guidobelix
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:50 am

The zips don't contain yet the USB power off optimizations. I'll let you know when I'll build a new beta firmware (there are some things I want to add still). Hopefully the new beta should come this week/next week... Only UMSP_STATISTICS is left to include completely

And the webend redesign was not my work, I just added and tweaked it a bit. But thanks for testing...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:06 am

Ok my dearest betatesters, you're going to have a busy weekend :D

I updated the first post with links to the newest beta. Extra features added since the last one are the following (and which need rigurous testing):
* Fixed Config/Addon manager background not stretching completely in the webend (mad_ady)
* Fixed youtube proxy (youtube deleted a space in url_encoded_fmt_stream_map) (thanks to Dentex)
* Add and activate UMSP_STATISTICS option (off by default) + webend (mad_ady)
* Redesigned webend first page based on stylish template (legopacific)
* Added USB_OSD_EJECT_BEFORE_POWER_OFF feature. If active, on shutdown it restarts the OSD, injects the necessary key sequences to eject all drives and then powers off OSD. On wakeup the OSD will pick up the drives again. (Martin_L)
* Allow NETAPPs to be loaded from a subdirectory instead only from the root of a network share. (Martin_L)

Basically I want you to test the regular stuff you usually use, plus:
* the webend - see if there is anything out of order
* UMSP_STATISTICS (enable it), check the webened. You probably won't get stats yet, since the server-side code is not in place yet, but it should be working before this becomes stable. Check Addon Manager -> UMSP to see the actual stats.
* If anybody is using netapps, you should be able to load them from a subfolder now (only one subfolder level)- please thest this if you can, or if you use netmounts and don't wish to test it, let me know if netmounts still work
* USB_OSD_EJECT_BEFORE_POWER_OFF - enable this in webend, and if you are not using app.bins, rtorrent, etc, it should be possible for you to eject the attached disks on power off. Test with multiple disks, multiple partitions, USB hubs, etc. Let Martin_L know of any issues.

That's about it for now. Happy testing!
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion