Looking for Beta Tester - WD Hub

General homebrew discussion area

Looking for Beta Tester - WD Hub   

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 am

looking for beta tester :)

so the idea was to see if it's possible to run WDLXTV on the old WD Hub, which I do not own

some of what's required has already been worked out, such as telnet access, but there's still a number of items that need work

I'm not going to accept just anybody as a beta tester on this

requirements:
own a WD Hub
able to follow instructions and provide feedback/output
testing may be performed at windows cmd line, as well as telnet (linux cmd line on hub)
if you're able to test linux scripts (from a linux PC) this would be a big bonus
Must be willing to take some risk with your hub

if interested send me a PM for further details, include why you think you'll be a good beta tester for this project
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Re: Looking for Beta Tester - WD Hub   

Postby mad_ady » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:41 pm

My God, KAD, can you afford being picky with beta testers? There's not a lot of people left in the community sadly :D

But I do agree, the users must have some basic skills not to waste your time.
I can't volunteer to help since I don't have a hub.

So, are you planning on running the Palace WDLXTV on top of hub? Or are you planning on porting WDLXTV to hub (based on whatever hub runs)?
mad_ady
Developer

Re: Looking for Beta Tester - WD Hub   

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 pm

lol, yeah I have to have some requirements for this

as for what I run on the hub, I'm leaning towards porting WDLXTV over to the hub, I thought about just running palace on the hub, but I would expect some issues, like for example no wifi, because there's no internal wireless module in the hub

what I really need some testers for working out the details of how the homebrew kit should work
while the concept is the same as palace and gen4, the kit will be substantially different

for example the hub does not have ability to upload theme's, so that part of original homebrew kit will not work

I've already got a working homebrew that can enable telnet, but brewme, status, and stockify currently do not work
due to the required scripts don't exist on the hub, so if I can get a beta tester or 2, we'll be trying to include all dependancies inside the homebrew kit
we'll also have to change a few things in runsit.sh to be hub specific as well
If you like my work please consider a Donation. Donate
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions! READ ME FAQ WIKI
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion