[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Beta firmwares available (0.5.1.9) - Beta testers needed!

General homebrew discussion area

Postby mad_ady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 am

Last edited by mad_ady on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Made mad_ady Sticky ;-)
mad_ady
Developer

Re: Beta firmwares available (0.5.1.9) - Beta testers needed   

Postby DJArty » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:53 am

Good news!
WDTVExt work stable or not? )
(Before on 1.05.04-0.5.1.x its looking buggy)
And please fix the link for better view.
WD TV Live (1.05.04-WDLXTV-0.5.1.1);
Please Donate PayPal to email: djartyua ( a t ) gmail (d o t) com
WebMoney: WMZ114867333413
DJArty
Developer

Postby KAD » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:29 pm

@mad_ady, this is good news, congrats :)

re - WDTVEXT
I think it's stable, only problem I noticed was it's slow, this is due to pibos custom debugging code, which can't be turned off
If you like my work please consider a Donation.
Please read the appropriate documentation before posting questions!
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mad_ady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 pm

I fixed the link and also added md5sums for the uploaded files.

Regarding wdtvext for 1.05 - it will be the same thing pibos left us in 1.05. There are problems with it (mostly performance, but I also get some DMAOSD crashes when navigating Network Shares for instance), but IMHO it's better than nothing. I doubt we can turn off debugging, but maybe we can pipe it to /dev/null... I plan on trying to contact pibos again when we have a working 1.06 firmware to see if we can lure him back in. Maybe porting wdtvext to 1.06 from 1.05 won't be too difficult for him.

@DJArty: regarding UMSP - I think this release breaks your plugins (we've discussed this a while back). I don't know how to fix the issue from the UMSP side while keeping the requirement to have all the XML properly encoded (for the UMSP_LAN feature), but since you needed to pass URLs as arguments, I can suggest that you try to encode the target URL in base64 - that way it will not be mangled by the UMSP code... It's just a suggestion. If you want, we can pick up the discussion on the UMSP_LAN thread.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby KAD » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 am

I did not try out any of the features

but pulled my old live
test flashed both flashable firmwares for the live

and both went without a hitch, bi2 obviously flashed correctly, as webend was available under both firmwares
PM's are for private matters. Post support questions to the appropriate forum, or they will be ignored.
KAD
Global Moderator

Postby mad_ady » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Thanks for the report!

It seems that the lack of reports on this topic can only mean one of two things:
1. Nobody else tried it/is following this topic
2. There are no problems and no news is good news...

:D
mad_ady
Developer

Postby kroetkroet » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Apart from making your topic sticky, I didn't have time to play around, will do later this week, now messing around with my latest additions (bought 2 WD MyCloud 4TB during an Autumn Sale, got like 55% discount - the NAS was even cheaper than the WD Reds apart). So I'm now testing these things till they die, then I can move the disks into my Synology :lol:

In any way: well done mad_ady! :D
WDLXTV-fan! - In case you need further assistance: read our , search our and most of all: for his great efforts!!!
kroetkroet
Beta Tester

Postby mad_ady » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:07 am

:)

Hmm, you have forum rights, right? Can you create new topics under Firmware releases? http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewforum.php?f=10
Can you give me such rigths? :P
mad_ady
Developer

Postby jomjom79 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:39 am

Personally ive migrated to the SMP (the fast Grid theme and especially the DIAL support is a must for me)

Though im still keeping my Live so i will try out this firmware once work decides to give me some spare time. I was actually quite suprised about this release as i thought it was more or less dead now. Good work and i hope you will keep on adding features to it.

Jomjom79
jomjom79
DLX'er

Postby KAD » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 pm

KAD
Global Moderator

Next

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion