[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Want to be a beta tester?

General homebrew discussion area

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed May 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Applications are currently being accepted for the beta tester group.

Do you feel you have what it takes to test drive unreleased material? You need to fit the following profile:

* active forum user - No one who is not an active forum user will be let into the beta group, period.
* able to provide clear feedback - what works / doesn't work / etc
* have any bit of Linux experience
* comfortable using telnet / ssh - mandatory
* able to do slight debugging on your own to help nail down issues
* reproduce problems consistently - one off problems that never surface again I'm not interested in ;)

You must be able to 'hold your own'. If it becomes obvious that you fail one of the above criteria then you will be removed from the group. The group is a privilege and being that way you must be a part of the group and contribute something, even if its just confirming that everything still works as it should in your normal every day operation.

I especially need users who are torrenters and who can do all of the above with ease.

Do not PM me about this, post your creds here. You are expected to be visible and contribute public feedback so might as well start here.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Re: Want to be a beta tester?   

Postby rokr » Wed May 12, 2010 11:15 pm

I could test rtorrent ;)
rokr
Beta Tester

Postby mctt » Thu May 13, 2010 3:23 am

Hi b-rad,
I'd be happy to help out and fulfil the criteria.
Tom
mctt
Beta Tester

Postby rommer » Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 am

b-rad

I've been actively using Linux since the early 90's and Slackware .x something!

I use ssh on an hourly basis, bah humbug on telnet! :)

I'm pretty sure I can fulfill your other parameters as well. I personally own 4 WDTV Live units and I've setup 8 other units for people with a minimum of 2 units per system using your firmware so they can act as standalone client/server systems.

I manage Linux servers on a daily basis so trouble shooting is something I can do as well.

Let me know if you can use me! :)
rommer
Beta Tester

Postby b-rad.cc » Thu May 13, 2010 6:55 am

Have added you three, rokr you make the cut because I know of you from elsewhere.

Note to other applicants: if your first post is in this thread asking to be part of the group and I don't recognize you then you fail the following point:

* active forum user - No one who is not an active forum user will be let into the beta group, period.

Do not PM me about this, post your creds here. You are expected to be visible and contribute public feedback so might as well start here. ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby larsar4 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Hey B-rad,

If you recognize my name then I'd also like to be a beta tester.

Let me know if I can help.

Larry
larsar4
n00b

Postby Buhric » Sun May 16, 2010 4:13 am

I'll gladly help out if you need.

I'm just waiting for my second WDTVLive so I can mess around with it... ;)

1st one is working almost prefectly.. :D
Movie Sheets: -
Buhric
Global Moderator

Postby b-rad.cc » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 am

larsar4, you're in.

Buhric you already were as a mod ;)

In case you guys are wondering wtf to do, look at the forum in the bottom of the index page called 'Beta Testing'
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby peterk77 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:27 pm

If you still need testers, I would gladly help.
peterk77
Beta Tester

Postby E4rL » Wed May 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi,
if you are looking for another people for testing, i´m here. :)
I know, ths is my first reply on this forum, but i like to join and be a part of betatest group for rtorrent.

THX for all reply. ;)
E4rL
n00b

Next

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion