WDTV MediaPlayers Remote (Android)

General homebrew discussion area

Re: WDTV MediaPlayers Remote (Android)   

Postby Captain Scarlet » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Final Post!!

I changed the password on the wdlxtv web frontend and although I still had the same error message as originally, after forcing the connection the app does control the player, (this did not work before) but no media information or volume control..... Not sure why this would make any difference, but at least have a partial solution...

Thanks for looking, not going to spend anymore time on this!!....

Good luck in all you do.. :)
Captain Scarlet
n00b

Postby skydroid » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello,

I m interested in building a simple remote for Windows Phone.

I have a WD Live SMP and I want to know how I can control the device like signal codes, handshake with device etc. Searched for API's but could not get one

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you all in advance
skydroid
n00b

Postby jeex » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 am

And yet another n00b question...

I've installed the latest wdlxtv firmware and trying to get the Android app to work on my htc desire z.

The app itself works, but seems like it doesn't recognize the wdlxtv firmware, as the play/pause button is still blanked.

When I create a new entry in the app, I select the WDTV Live, enters the WDTV live IP, checkmark in wdlxtv firmware, enter user and password - The WDTV also shows up on the list, but when I open the app,, play/pause is blanked. When I return to the selection menu and tries to edit the entered WDTV, it has deleted the checkmark in wdlxtv...

Webend access works, as well as webend remote control - any clues...? thx
jeex
n00b

Postby gismo2004 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 am

Hello

I have a question regarding future plannings: (since I've seen that there are some options in the DONATOR version)

do you think that i will be possible to use the APP for quick launching internet-services like shoutcast (181.fm) with a definable "shortcut-button"?

I would like to use my WDTV-hd live box to be a Internet-Radio player, but i don't want to switch my TV on all the time to select a radio-station.

Is there currently a easy way to play a radio stream with a remote APP like yours? (it should be also usable for my girlfriend ;-)! )

From my understanding it should be possible to send a remote-command via upnp to play a web-stream, am i correct?

an answer would be very appreciated!

cheers

Gismo
gismo2004
n00b

Postby jdr54 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 am

Really nice app. Tremendous user experience upgrade over the stock remote control :!:
jdr54
n00b

Postby pragyaware » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:10 am

recliq wrote:Rated! :mrgreen:
Works really great, although i was quite pleased with web remote on android, I won't use it again now ;)

Thx, juliojs!

PS: One minor suggestion/question: might it be possible to turn of vibration? (the little red 'LED' would be sufficent as feedback for me)

Hmm i also its really great.Although i never tried it. but after reading your thread i find it amazing. so i Must tried it once.
pragyaware
n00b

Postby Perez Turner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:51 pm

It would be useful if you share with us having profiles for different devices. I am waiting to get instant response from your side.
Perez Turner
n00b

Postby nervebehale » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:23 am

Hello,

I use this fine app since long time, but now there is following prob:

The app only connect with wdtv-live if the original web user:password (wdlxtv:wdlxtv) is set in wdtv and remote.

If i change the pass on the web and set the same in the remote there comes "... bad user or bad password ...)

Example: If I change the pass from 'wdlxtv' to 'tvwdlx' on both, i can't get in with the remote.

Some idea what i making wrong? I and three other persons are shure that I set the correct words on wdtv and handy ...

:cry:
nervebehale
n00b

Postby mad_ady » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:58 am

@juliojs: Sorry to revive this thread after all this time, but I tried to use your app lately and I ran into an issue with the webend remote. The app complains that it can't get to the webend remote, and when trying to operate the remote from the webend from my phone (Galaxy S3 running android 4.4.2 with Chrome), it keeps asking for authentication credentials when trying to press the buttons. Accessing the webend works correctly (I'm using the default password).

I did a packet capture (between the phone and the WDTV), and it seems that the WDTV ignores the credentials being sent:
Code: Select all
POST /addons/remote/ HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 21
Host: 192.168.1.4
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/UNAVAILABLE (java 1.4)

button=&button=T_back

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:52:19 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Debian) mod_scgi/1.13
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="WDLXTV-Webend", nonce="vKQWQGT2BAA=6cedd5d7414be607c4dd45ab8c9e2fedbd74c58d", algorithm=MD5, domain="/", qop="auth"
Content-Length: 492
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>401 Authorization Required</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Authorization Required</h1>
<p>This server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the document
requested.  Either you supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply
the credentials required.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.15 (Debian) mod_scgi/1.13 Server at 192.168.1.4 Port 80</address>
</body></html>

POST /addons/remote/ HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 21
Host: 192.168.1.4
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/UNAVAILABLE (java 1.4)
Authorization: Digest username="wdlxtv", realm="WDLXTV-Webend", nonce="vKQWQGT2BAA=6cedd5d7414be607c4dd45ab8c9e2fedbd74c58d", uri="/addons/remote/", response="690b08fbd4495c4c681b27cd42aa1939", qop=auth, nc=00000001, cnonce="46737aee9dd7664a9889ceaef8859c67", algorithm="MD5"

button=&button=T_back

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:52:19 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Debian) mod_scgi/1.13
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="WDLXTV-Webend", nonce="8AsXQGT2BAA=f1e57e2c803f766c33fbee39b43814b2f4971cad", algorithm=MD5, domain="/", qop="auth"
Content-Length: 492
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>401 Authorization Required</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Authorization Required</h1>
<p>This server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the document
requested.  Either you supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply
the credentials required.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.15 (Debian) mod_scgi/1.13 Server at 192.168.1.4 Port 80</address>
</body></html>

I will try to disable authentication for the webend, but I wanted to ask you if you've seen this issue before and if you have any suggestions. Not sure if it's related to this: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1353 or this: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1353
mad_ady
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 am

Update: Turning off Apache authentication makes the webremote and your app work on my android...
mad_ady
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to WDTV G2 & WDTV Live homebrew discussion