[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Webserver-addons modifications

General homebrew discussion area

Postby arfgh » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 am

Hello guys.

I am performing som modificatons to the Webserver-addons in order to fix the big amount of bugs on it, and to improve the operations.
I need to know if exist a way to get the content of the current and next song information that is showed by the osd. /osd/audio_run.xml

thx in advance
arfgh
WDTVer

Re: Webserver-addons modifications   

Postby arfgh » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 am

arfgh
WDTVer

Postby mad_ady » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Those are the options used to compile php. In oder to change them you'd need to recompile php with the desired options (cross-compile actually).
If you have the option look for a different xml alternative...
mad_ady
Developer

Postby arfgh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 am

it is very strange, but if i install the lighttpd with ipkg i can use that php class.
But i cant use it running the webserver with the one that comes into the webserver.app.bin

i cant understand the reasson to that because in theory the used php is the same, the one into the opt.bin

Anyways, what i need to compile it ? what files and things.

thx
arfgh
WDTVer

Postby Alicia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

@ arfgh,

thanks for your efforts for trying to improve the webserver-addons for the WDTV Gen1 :P
Much appreciated.

I have a Gen1 too, and I remember from the past that it indeed contained lots of bugs. I removed it from my USB stick, because of it.
As I have very little experience with programming (none with with php), I am afraid I cant help you but I am willing to test your improvements.
I remember I saw some very obvious errors in certain files that are very easy to fix.You probably found them too.

Let me know if you need some help.
1.03.01-WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Cylent ShowcaseV2 Mod + pure-ftpd + nfs
Alicia
DLX'er

Postby arfgh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Thx Alicia for your interesting.

The little black box is giving me another chance to learn more about linux, and os that i have forgotten from my far past.
But it is always a pleasure to mess with it :)

Yes, i wanted to improve webserver-addons because, for example the webcontrol works really bad :(
I was my first improvement and now the in a few seconds it is able to send the eiri commands to reach our selected song, without to return to the main WDTV menu.

soon i will share it
arfgh
WDTVer

Postby Alicia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:15 am

@ arfgh

I don't want to push you or anything, but...... is there an improved version you can/want to share with the community ?
Would be really nice. :P
1.03.01-WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Cylent ShowcaseV2 Mod + pure-ftpd + nfs
Alicia
DLX'er

Return to WDTV 1 homebrew discussion