[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
advantages of WDXLTV over newer "Live" player?

General homebrew discussion area

Postby mcf57 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 am

I have a WDTV Gen1 player (USB only) that has been flashed with WDXLTV custom firmware. It works good and in the past, I had it networked to my home network with a USB to ethernet adapter. I haven't really used it in a while and recently got their newest WDTV "Live" player that basically includes a lot of streaming & networking features already built into the unit; Netflix, Pandora, DLNA, UPnP, Vudu, etc.

Is there really any other big advantages of my older WDXLTV flashed Gen1 player over these newer WD players? If so, what?
mcf57
n00b

Re: advantages of WDXLTV over newer "Live" player?   

Postby recliq » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:56 am

1. Are you talking about WDTV Live (only ethernet) or the newer WDTV Live Streaming (ethernet + WiFi)? I guess the later one because WDTV Live doesn't support Netflix (that would be WDTV Live Plus).
2. Read the changelog or the wiki to get an idea what WDLXTV adds to WDTV Live (Plus) compared to official firmware. For WDTV Live Streaming (aka Gen3) we just started porting WDLXTV to this device, once finished we hope to bring all the WDLXTV features to this device as well.
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Re: advantages of WDXLTV over newer "Live" player?   

Postby mcf57 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

Yea, I am referring to a WDTV Live Streaming (ethernet + WiFi) player. My other WDTV device is the 1st generation and normally is USB only. Doesn't have any kind of network port and/or wireless ability. Just two USB ports. I was able to get it networked with WDXLTV firmware & a USB/ethernet adapter, but that was it. Sounds like there is no real advantage of this 1st gen unit (w/ WDXLTV) over a new WDTV "live" streaming player.
mcf57
n00b

forums_XlurewXa   

Postby XlurewXa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello people!!!!))))XlurewXa
XlurewXa
n00b

Return to WDTV 1 homebrew discussion