No video playback after playing unusuable file

The place for WDLXTV-G2 bugs

No video playback after playing unusuable file   

Postby phavixai » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I have the latest firmware version and have NTP disabled on S00 options. The issue is when I play a certain video files that have issues with playback when I back out and try to play a known working file I get a continuous circle and the video never loads. THe issue is resolved by a full power cycle only. I've only noticed it when I play certain files but I haven't played everything in my library and do not want to have to go through each one and take out possible "bad" files. I had an older firmware version prior but upgraded and still experience the same thing. Can anyone assist?
phavixai
n00b

Re: No video playback after playing unusuable file   

Postby phavixai » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I believe I finally found my answer after searching around here longer.
phavixai
n00b

Postby jumpinin » Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 pm

What was the solution to this issue? I had a "bad" file that was causing the same behavior so I deleted it. Now I can't get any video or audio media to load. I'm pretty sure it's not the storage because I can't play files over the network either.
jumpinin
n00b

Postby Socram » Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 pm

I think that what you refer to as "bad" files are the ones with activated header compression. The WDTV cannot play these and refuses to load any other file afterwards (spinning circle). There are ways to deactivate the header compression from existing files, though. Google it ;)

Now I can't get any video or audio media to load.

A power cycle resolves this (unplug -> plug power cord).
Socram
DLX'er

Return to Bugs