[Help] Probably bricked wdtv HD

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

[Help] Probably bricked wdtv HD   

Postby thiagofialhos » Thu May 17, 2012 2:34 pm

First at all I'm totally newbie and I'm not sure if i'm posting on the right place. And at this time you guys probably has noticed that my english it's so good.
Well, I really don't know much about those firmware that you guys talking a lot. I just tried to install a custom firmware "1.01.77_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_G2-0.4.5.3" on my WDTV HD (WDBABF0000NBK-00) that I bought around two years ago. So I downloaded the zip files and when I unzip it, there was the following files:

wdtvhd.ver:
VERSION='1.01.77.WDLXTV_G2-0.4.5.3'
LOCATION='wdtvhd.bin'

wdtvhd.fff;
wdtvhd.bin;
net.mounts;
net.config;
Changelog;

and a folder called Extras, that inside had the following files:
S00custom-options;
smb.conf

So I plugged the pen-drive with these files inside it on the root (at that time the pen-drive was formatted as NTFS). When I turned on the wdtv, It went directly to a menu that said something about a new firmware, if i would like to install. I clicked ok and it started the installation. To be honesto to you guys, at that moment I come back to my room and just after 5 minutes I come back to check what happened, and it was in a screen saying that it was installing. After that it restarted, appeared a screen with the WD logo and after that nothing more happened, until TV lose the signal.

I tryed to restore the original firmware, but nothing happened.

there's some holy soul here that could help me to fix my media player?

Thank you,
Thiago
thiagofialhos
n00b

Re: [Help] Probably bricked wdtv HD   

Postby thiagofialhos » Thu May 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Nobody??? =S
thiagofialhos
n00b

Postby PaulF » Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 pm

thiagofialhos wrote:Nobody??? =S
There are people in many different time zones so it takes awhile for replies sometimes. The "no signal" is normal and you have to wait for what seems like a very long time.
PaulF
Developer

Postby mad_ady » Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Also, it's possible the configuration was reset and it is outputting video through the composite port instead of HDMI. Plug in a composite cable and see if you see the OSD. Also, if network is available, plug in the network and see if you can ping the device. Also check activity of the USB ports.
mad_ady
Developer

Postby thiagofialhos » Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 am

mad_ady wrote:Also, it's possible the configuration was reset and it is outputting video through the composite port instead of HDMI. Plug in a composite cable and see if you see the OSD. Also, if network is available, plug in the network and see if you can ping the device. Also check activity of the USB ports.

Hi,
I already tried that in both outputs, HDMI and composite, in both cases just the WD logo appears. Sometimes I see pen-drive's led blinking, so I think it still working. My media player hasn't a ethernet connection, it was the second generation of HD version.
thiagofialhos
n00b

Postby thiagofialhos » Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 am

PaulF wrote:
thiagofialhos wrote:Nobody??? =S
There are people in many different time zones so it takes awhile for replies sometimes. The "no signal" is normal and you have to wait for what seems like a very long time.

You're right. I don't left it more than a minute turned on. Do you think that could be that?
thiagofialhos
n00b

Postby thiagofialhos » Fri May 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Hey Guys, I let it for a long time turned on and it come back to life, it's working now.. Sorry for boring you guys... Thank you very much!!!!
thiagofialhos
n00b

Return to Discussion