Download Firmware

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: Download Firmware   

Postby actuary » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 am

As an update . . . my S00 code posted above was successful with the WDLXTV-G2 beta version with MovieSheets :)
Everything works exactly as I would have hoped!

I just realized that one of my units is actually a G1, not a G2, so it looks like MovieSheets won't be possible for that unit :( From what I have read, the processor in that unit isn't quite strong enough to handle MovieSheets reliably . . . crap :(

Thanks b-rad!
WDTV-Live Plus -- In the process of upgrading firmware
WDLXTV-Live
WDLXTV-G2 (three units)
actuary
Supporter

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 pm

it is powerful enough, but you'll just have to jump through extra hoops with app.bins and different configuration options. None of which I have any real idea about, but there is some info in the G1 subforum.

Cheers for the donation :mrgreen:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Tipp4Liam » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:57 am

Hi,

I bought a WDTV HD gen 2 media player last week. It is running on firmware 1.01.79, which is newer than the most recent firmware update available on the WDTV site. I really want to upgrade to B-Rads (1.01.77_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.9-6) on my WD TV HD (Gen 2) I want to get movie screens etc.

I have searched the net and i can find no threads on upgrading from 1.01.79 on the gen 2. I would really appreciate any help on this issue. Its doing my head in.
Tipp4Liam
n00b

Postby Tipp4Liam » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 am

If I change the var file that b-rad created from 1.01.77 to 1.01.80 the upgrade icon appears. Now I haven't attempted to change the firmware for fear I will brick the device. Do you think this will work if I do try it?
Tipp4Liam
n00b

Postby Rorscach » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 pm

actuary wrote:As an update . . . my S00 code posted above was successful with the WDLXTV-G2 beta version with MovieSheets :)
Everything works exactly as I would have hoped!

I just realized that one of my units is actually a G1, not a G2, so it looks like MovieSheets won't be possible for that unit :( From what I have read, the processor in that unit isn't quite strong enough to handle MovieSheets reliably . . . crap :(

Thanks b-rad!

I'm not sure where you read that, but I've found moviesheets to work without any problems whatsoever on the Gen2.
You have the limit of trigger files and the msheets app not working on the G2, but apart from that, it works as intended.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby Socram » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:49 am

He wrote that the unit in question is not a G2.

Though moviesheets even work on a G1, they just have to be set up in a completely different way.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby Rorscach » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Yeah, I guess I didn't read it right.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby Tipp4Liam » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 am

Tipp4Liam wrote:If I change the var file that b-rad created from 1.01.77 to 1.01.80 the upgrade icon appears. Now I haven't attempted to change the firmware for fear I will brick the device. Do you think this will work if I do try it?

Just to let ye know, I successfully updated the 1.01.79 firmware to b-rads. I am not sure if there are any errors though because I have never seen it working before. Movie screens are up, but are very very hard to read. The writing is so small. This might be the tv though. Crappy little alba tv/DVD combi. 14" screen.

Now that I have the firmware running what would you suggest as my next step. Besides buying a new tv. I am working on that. Is there anyway to make the writing on the movie screens bigger?
Tipp4Liam
n00b

Previous

Return to Discussion