Download Firmware

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: Download Firmware   

Postby Socram » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:37 am

Yeah, should be the Live-Minimal equivalent, sadly ;)
The first place to look for a new firmware release is b-rad.cc for me, then this forum. Though it got a little quiet around here, hope b-rad didn't forget us G2 users :|
Socram
DLX'er

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:51 am

Its summertime ;) My go time is oct-apr, may-sep--well I try and still do what I can when I'm around, but there is a lot else goin on. I've got several other huge projects underway taking the little time I have, but I am going to try and finish up some new fw releases this weekend.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby actuary » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

<<DELETED>>
WDTV-Live Plus -- In the process of upgrading firmware
WDLXTV-Live
WDLXTV-G2 (three units)
actuary
Supporter

Postby actuary » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 am

Socram wrote:The first place to look for a new firmware release is b-rad.cc for me, then this forum. Though it got a little quiet around here, hope b-rad didn't forget us G2 users :|

I have looked on b-rad.cc, which links to these forums (which only seems to have download links for the LIVE version of the WDTV). I would like to download the most up-to-date version of the firmware for the WDTV-G2 -- can someone please direct me to the website where b-rad saves these links? I don't want a direct link to the RapidShare website, but rather a link to b-rad's firmware update site so that I can return for future updates.

Thanks!
WDLXTV-Live
WDLXTV-G2 (three units)
actuary
Supporter

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:31 am

That fw is a beta and is therefore not publicly released. You will not find an official page for it. Whenever I can find time in my stupidly busy schedule to polish it and get it out the door it will be in the same places as every other firmware.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby actuary » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:46 am

b-rad.cc wrote:That fw is a beta and is therefore not publicly released. You will not find an official page for it. Whenever I can find time in my stupidly busy schedule to polish it and get it out the door it will be in the same places as every other firmware.

Thanks b-rad, that explains why I can't find it :P

I'm going to give the beta firmware (1.01.77_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV_G2-0.4.1.9-6) a shot with the movie sheets enabled on my G2. I'm hoping that my media library setup (with movie sheets) for the WDLXTV Live will also work with the G2, so that I can use my external hard drive on any of my WDTV Live and WDTV-G2 units (and have the movie sheets show up the same).

Thanks for all of your work on the WDTV! I really think you should sell your firmware to Western Digital since you obviously know how to code firmware (and are more in tune with the customer base) than they are themselves :D
Last edited by actuary on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
WDLXTV-Live
WDLXTV-G2 (three units)
actuary
Supporter

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:51 am

I ensure, wherever possible, that operation and configuration is identical between all devices & fw's ;)
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby actuary » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 am

b-rad.cc wrote:I ensure, wherever possible, that operation and configuration is identical between all devices & fw's ;)

Awesome! I love the WDTV's so much that I keep buying them for family members . . . and I have a big family :P Of course, I am the one who keeps their hard drives updated, and it's awesome that I can just overwrite their hard drive with my own hard drive's content from time to time, regardless of whether they have a Live or G2.

By the way, can I use the same S00 text file from my WDTV-Live with the WDTV-G2? For some reason, the S00 file with the G2 beta (linked to previously in this thread) doesn't have any carriage returns when I open it in notepad. When I open it in Wordpad, it seems like the wordwrapping might cause a single line of code to be split into two :(
WDLXTV-Live
WDLXTV-G2 (three units)
actuary
Supporter

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:00 am

its unix formatted, i'll convert it to dos format so it looks normal for all you dozers.
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby actuary » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:11 am

b-rad.cc wrote:its unix formatted, i'll convert it to dos format so it looks normal for all you dozers.

Ah, that makes sense. In the meantime, could I just use the same code commands with the G2 that I used with the Live? Namely, a text file that contains the following:

s00custom-options.txt
Code: Select all
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c THUMBRESO=150x200   # 12
config_tool -c USB_POWER_OFF=1
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0

Thanks!
WDLXTV-Live