Have been using the 0.4.5.3 firmware for a couple of months without any problems. Suddenly, today, the remote stopped working. I also have a WDTV G1 unit upstairs in my bedroom and I tried that remote with the G2 unit, but still no luck. I tried putting in new batteries but still no response.
I had to unplug the unit. What seems to be happening is that the remote works when navigating the menus etc, but once a film starts, the remote appears to stop responding (I can't FF, pause, stop etc, so I have to unplug the unit).
I've searched the forums but could not find anything that matches my situation.
I'll keep messing with it in the meantime..........