Remote stops responding on WDTV G2 FW0.4.5.3

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Remote stops responding on WDTV G2 FW0.4.5.3   

Postby ukmark » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 am

Hi.

Have been using the 0.4.5.3 firmware for a couple of months without any problems. Suddenly, today, the remote stopped working. I also have a WDTV G1 unit upstairs in my bedroom and I tried that remote with the G2 unit, but still no luck. I tried putting in new batteries but still no response.

I had to unplug the unit. What seems to be happening is that the remote works when navigating the menus etc, but once a film starts, the remote appears to stop responding (I can't FF, pause, stop etc, so I have to unplug the unit).

I've searched the forums but could not find anything that matches my situation.

Any ideas?

I'll keep messing with it in the meantime..........
ukmark
n00b

Re: Remote stops responding on WDTV G2 FW0.4.5.3   

Postby recliq » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 am

Is the WDTV connected to a network? If so are there any new devices on the network since the problem appeared? (virgin superhub for example seems to be the cause of some weired WDTV behaviour)
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby bender6681 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I to am having this problem. I cant ssh or telnet into it when this happens. Let me give a little on what has changed. I had max 0S 10.5.8 on my pc and all was well. I moved back to windows and started having tons of problems with nfs and the OS in general. I have now moved over to ubuntu and have it working but the freeze keeps happening. It does this just browsing through the nfs share in list view. At first I thought it was the fact that my movies are on an ntfs partition but then i tried moving a few over to a ext4 partition and removing the ntfs from my exports and mounts files but it still does it. I don't know whats going on. Oh yeah this may be unrelated but now I also cant get custom backgrounds or screen savers to work and when i unplug/replug the wdtv I get a screen for a few seconds that has lots of colored lines going through it. This didn't happen before.
bender6681
WDTVer

Postby ukmark » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:07 am

The problem went away the same day and has not re-appeared. Not sure what was happening, but everything has been fine since. Starting to doubt whether it really happened (but it did :) )
ukmark
n00b

Postby dharmin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 am

I have WD LIve media (gen2). I have same problem. I can't able to use any button like FF, REW, UP etc... only Enter button works fine. But I can use remote apps from the webend via my iphone. So I have downgraded to previous verison(0.4.7.3) and now everything working fine. I can use orginal remote and Logitech 890 remote too. Any idea why it is doing like this? What should I do to keep newer firmware in to my WDTV G2.

Also, with older versrion I noticed since last few weeks that whenever I restart my player I need to unplug HDMI cable to get voice back. For example, lets say I am watching a movie and I stopped watching after few minutes (complete turnoff my player) and than when I restart my WD player I get pictures but no voice so I have to un plug HDMI cable from the player and plug it back again after few seconds later to get voice. This happen all the time. Any idea?

Thanks for help.
dharmin
WDTVer

Postby dharmin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 am

Sorry I posted in wrong thread
dharmin
WDTVer

Return to Discussion