Moviesheets almost there

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Moviesheets almost there   

Postby julius02 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:27 am

Hi. I am almost there with moviesheets, please could someone help. I have followed the instructions on this site and have almost got my moviesheets working. My problem is, i want a wall of thumbnails for my video's and then when i click on the thumbnail i get a moviesheet, then if i click again i play the movie. At the moment, when i place each movie into its own folder and generate the moviesheet and folder thumbs, i cannot see the thumbnails... it just goes straight to the movie sheets when i click all video's in the main menu. I believe the thumbnail option must be active as when i get to a movie that has no moviesheet data within the folder, it will just show the list of thumbnails.
I am using a WDTV Gen 2 unit using the latest custom firmware as per this site.
Is there something i need to change in the soo custom file to make the moviesheets only active when i click on the thumbnail?
Other than that it looks pretty awesome!!
julius02
n00b

Re: Moviesheets almost there   

Postby recliq » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 am

you are most likely using std sheet mode which displays a full screen sheet for movie files.

1. for std mode you should not generate folder sheets, just file sheets
2. if you access the videos from All Files you will be presented with a list of all files (no folders) thus you will automatically see the sheets and no thumbs. try accessing your files via Folders
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby julius02 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 am

So wll I never be able to have thumbnail view with moviesheets once clicked on using all video mode. Yes I have tried folder mode and it does work as expected but I would prefer it in all video mode so easier to navigate.
julius02
n00b

Postby recliq » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:52 am

like i said it won't work in All Files in std mode... you can try with sheet mode which will give you 7 thumbs at the bottom and the sheets above the thumbs.
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to donate for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (README, FAQ, WIKI) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby doeman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi there guys, newbie here...i think the original poster is asking what i want to know as well. Basically..i have all the moviesheets working now...but i've seen that some people can have a wall of thumbnails for each movie and when selected...it then shows the moviesheet for that selection. Hitting the "play" button then should actually play the movie....how is that done?

What i currently see is a list of thumbnails across the bottom of the screen with each moviesheet in the background.
doeman
WDTVer

Postby recliq » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:05 am

You are using sheet mode, switch to std mode. (MSHEETMODE=std) and read what I wrote earlier.
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby Jonatan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 am

Hi to all I can't get my sheets to work I got 7 thumbs on bottom but the sheet is blank what would the custom setting be and were could I get a template for this mode
Jonatan
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 am

Jonatan wrote:Hi to all I can't get my sheets to work I got 7 thumbs on bottom but the sheet is blank what would the custom setting be and were could I get a template for this mode

1. Don't double post.
2. Give information about your setup, firmware version and configuration if you expect any help.
3. Last but not least, I think I'm repeating myself here..., read the wiki and the forum, this is discussed over and over on the forum with probably all possible errors.
http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_Movie_sheets_v2
If your're using firmware >1.02.21 and linksheets: LINKSHEETS for IDIOTS
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby Jonatan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:53 am

Hi sorry for double post won't happen again I have. wdtv withoffi cal 1.01.77 and wdlxtv 0.4.5.3 my soo custom settings
Code: Select all
config_tool -c WDTVEXT=OFF
config_tool -c SHOW_FILESIZE_SETTING=0
config_tool -c LINKSHEETS=ON
config_tool -c MSHEETMODE=std
config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON

I get 7 thumbs on bottom but the top is blank no sheet I downloaded a template from wdtv fourm 1280x720 under 500kb
I also have media library on
Jonatan
n00b

Postby recliq » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 am

Config looks good.
Can you post the dir structure of one of your movie folders including all (complete) filenames?
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Next

Return to Discussion