WDLXTV-G2-0.4.5.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: WDLXTV-G2-0.4.5.1 discussion thread   

Postby sc00ter » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:29 am

Just joined to say thanks for this. Got my player a few months back and lack of support for frustrating issues has been driving me crazy. Now all of my files play without the out of sync issue I had with official firmware. I was starting to think it was my conversion program but it turns out it was WD all along. I did install the 0.4.5.0 update last week to try it and it was great but broke the preview menu option so I was very glad this fixed it. I have found no other issues bugs yet with this one and everything seems to run excellent.

Again thanks for this firmware and Im off to have a read through to see what all the custom options are about.

BTW is there any better conversion software to use to convert my DVD collection. I have been using Handbrake so far and the results are great but just wondering if there was anything better/easier out there to do it.

Just a little point...

When I upgraded with the 0.4.5.0 firmware it took almost 20 minutes to complete. I actually thought I had bricked it, with this one less than 5 mins...
sc00ter
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 am

sc00ter wrote:BTW is there any better conversion software to use to convert my DVD collection. I have been using Handbrake so far and the results are great but just wondering if there was anything better/easier out there to do it.

Handbrake is probably one of the easiest free programs available. On the commercial side, Cyberlink's MediaEspresso is pretty good (I played with the trial for a while).
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby clight77 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:40 pm

RMerlin wrote:Same thing as "Remove Safely" under Windows: it ensures that the WDTV isn't writing to the disk before allowing you to safely unplug it.

But where is the eject usb device found on the WDTV ?

Thanks
clight77
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:47 pm

the button on the remote control that says 'eject' ... :roll:
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby clight77 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 pm

b-rad.cc wrote:the button on the remote control that says 'eject' ... :roll:

LOL guess i am an idiot. Oh well.

Thanks.
clight77
n00b

Postby Rorscach » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Any plans to release the flashable firmware of this version that we can mod from b-rad?
I'll love to get my osd mod finished but it just bricks the G2 when repacking the last stock (wdlxtv-live-0.4.2.0.osd.bin).
Thanks.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby RMerlin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Rorscach wrote:Any plans to release the flashable firmware of this version that we can mod from b-rad?
I'll love to get my osd mod finished but it just bricks the G2 when repacking the last stock (wdlxtv-live-0.4.2.0.osd.bin).
Thanks.

What version are you talking about? I see both flash and non-flash for 0.4.5.1 available right here.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Rorscach » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 am

I have that version, but I think it is also read only and therefore not modifiable.
Or is there some way of mounting this version which I am unaware of?
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby RMerlin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 am

Rorscach wrote:I have that version, but I think it is also read only and therefore not modifiable.
Or is there some way of mounting this version which I am unaware of?

That doesn't answer my question - I said there were two different versions, and you answered that you had "that version". :roll:
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby Rorscach » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 am

RMerlin wrote:That doesn't answer my question - I said there were two different versions, and you answered that you had "that version". :roll:

Does it really matter which one I meant by "that version"?
Neither versions allow me to umount, so that does not answer my question :roll:
I'm sure you know that the flahshable version is not writable, so what I need is a version of the firmware which allows me to umount. Which both the non-flash and flashable versions do not.
So, again, is there an updated version of the stock firmware which will allow me to modify it to create an osd mod, wdlxtv-live-0.4.2.0.osd.bin being the only one I can find which is moddable?
Thank you.
Rorscach
DLX'er

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion