config_tool -c VIDMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c GENMSHEET=ON
config_tool -c LISTMSHEET=ON
bluestang
n00b

Re: WDLXTV-G2-0.4.5.0 discussion thread   

Postby Rorscach » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Yep yep, already done.
Have you actually gotten sheets to work with this current firmware on a G2?
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby joshshafe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Did you power cycle the WD when you flashed? I didn't do that initially and none of my moviesheets had shown up...once I did, everything was fine.
joshshafe
n00b

Postby Rorscach » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Of course. Still nothing. Are you suggesting this because you've gotten it to work with this firmware, or just that you've read it how to do it on this forum?
I've had moviesheets working with a previous firmware, but not this one.

Can't see quite what I'm doing wrong here, I know this is a subject which has been discussed to death already but they just will not show.

Do me a favour please, if you have it working on the G2 the please post the entire contents of your s00options file along with the an exact example of a movie folder's contents.
Thank you.
Last edited by Rorscach on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby Schenk2302 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:48 am

SORRY DELETE
Schenk2302
Patron

Postby kalund » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:06 am

First of all: Awesome work!

Second: Does this release support .mkv files done with the newer versions of mkvmerge (4.1 or newer)? - I haven't gotten it to work yet, so I just want to know if it's possible to get it to work. I just get a black screen when trying to play these files and when I press back on the remote and choose another file I just get the blue ring, no matter the file.

Third: Thank you!
kalund
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:44 am

kalund wrote:First of all: Awesome work!

Second: Does this release support .mkv files done with the newer versions of mkvmerge (4.1 or newer)? - I haven't gotten it to work yet, so I just want to know if it's possible to get it to work. I just get a black screen when trying to play these files and when I press back on the remote and choose another file I just get the blue ring, no matter the file.

Probably never going to happen, as WD is no longer updating the G2. The fix need to be done in one of WD's closed source binaries.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Postby kalund » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:48 am

RMerlin wrote:
kalund wrote:First of all: Awesome work!

Probably never going to happen, as WD is no longer updating the G2. The fix need to be done in one of WD's closed source binaries.

Thank you for clearing that up!
kalund
n00b

Postby julius02 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Tried this latest firmware but still has issues:
+Firstly it doesn't play DTS sound in mkv files... not an issue with WD as the official firmware plays DTS in mkv. Never had an issue with this before.
+In preview mode for video's there is no list/writing for the files, pretty much just a blank page with preview screen on right.
+Unit doesn't power off when you push the power button; hard drive still spinning but lights go off at front.
+Initial switch on at wall doesn't recognise hard drive, bit temperamental when it says scanning for media... takes a long time and always freezes, seems i have to switch the unit on and then plug in the usb drive once booted. Never had this issue with official firmware.

Havn't even tried a wireless usb adapter as i cannot find one that will be compatible... trying to find what chipset is inside is proving difficult to match with list posted.

Just a thought, i know all this is done out of generosity and i greatly appreciate it, however perhaps there should be a sticky put on the forum which clearly gives the steps in setting up either a wired or wireless adapter; there is information all over the forum and it is rather confusing.
This could include how to set sharing up, share the drive connected to the unit on the network etc etc.
Perhaps we could have a link put on to show where we can buy a usb wired/wireless adapter in the uk and other countries.
Perhaps this would stop all the duplicate posts and keep it a bit tidy.
I am really eager to get my gen 2 up and running on the network but i feel i am lacking the necessary information for setup and don't want to just buy an adapter and it turn out to not work!
Also this latest firmware is still very buggy
There is one thing i noted and i take my hat off to b-rad... the audio sync issue on .mp4 files which is causing wd users a major headache is fixed... you can pause, fast forward etc and it doesn't loose sync at all... well done.
julius02
n00b

Postby RMerlin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

The DTS issue with MKV has been reproduced, and will be worked on.
WDLXTV Webend maintainer. Visit http://www.lostrealm.ca/wdlxtv to see my other WDLXTV projects.
If you like my work, please consider donating.
RMerlin
WDLXTV Team

Previous

Return to Discussion