disk usage

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

disk usage   

Postby tanesh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:50 am

Hi I am using wdtv gen 2 which does not have a ethernet port. I am using brad's firmware verson 0.4.1.9 and I have a 1 Tb wd hard drive connected through usb. My question is , is there an application which shows me the amount of disk space left on the usb storage drive and which i can access through the remote. I want to be able to find out the amount of disk space free without having to connect my drive to a computer. I cannot tel net since there is no ethernet port on the gen 2.
tanesh
n00b

Re: disk usage   

Postby b-rad.cc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 pm

no, and not possible really to make one either.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Socram » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:00 am

There are USB LAN devices, which enable you to connect the WDTV to your ethernet.
The net.config shows all supported chips.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby dopedangel » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:13 am

I don't get why you would need such an option.
You don't have a lan so you will need to connect your drive to the computer to transfer files to the wdtv anyway.
dopedangel
WDTVer

Postby tanesh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:42 am

I am looking for such an option because I want to keep my 1Tb usb drive always connected to the WDTV and use my 32Gb pen drive to xfer files to and fro from my computer.Fortunately since wdtv has two usb ports this is possible. I have an external hard drive the My book essential which comes with an adapter and it is very cumbersome to lug around. I appreciate you guys trying to help me. Brad says not possible
tanesh
n00b

Return to Discussion