[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread   

Postby peppeunz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 am

excuse me,
How can I use "go to" option to skip to a specific frame?
peppeunz
n00b

Postby sarcal0513 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi there everyone and thanks a lot for the great forum and useful information.

I have both a WDTVLive and a Gen 2. I have flashed the firmware respectively using the appropriate firmwares from b-rad (Great work there). I mostly have TS files on a WD passport. The movies are organized each in a different directory as needed for TS files.

I am only looking for an answer regarding movie sheets. It works well with the WDLXTV-Live but not with the WDLXTV-GEN2 (I did use the specific firmwares ;o) meaning respectively 1.02.21_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV-LIVE-0.4.3.1 and for the Gen 2 1.01.77_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.2)

Structure is as follows : example movie name = Batman (I haven't written here the .BUP, IFO and VOB files which are obvious, just trying to explain how I have the moviesheets organized) :

g:/MOVIES/Batman/Folder.jpg
g:/MOVIES/Batman/AUDIO_TS
g:/MOVIES/Batman/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS_Sheet.jpg (not exceeding 500 k)
g:/MOVIES/Batman/VIDEO_TS/Folder.jpg

I only used two files which are folder.jpg and VIDEO_TS_sheet.JPG and both files are located within the VIDEO_TS Directory (of each film then). I also keep a copy of the folder.jpg within the movie folder. So when I browse my WDLXTVLIVE, I click on the MOVIES directory and get a screen with the thumbnails (a full page of them that I can scroll down) thanks to the folder.jpg file which is located in the movie (i.e. Batman) folder. I like it so, just simple, I browse the folder thumbnails and when I want to know more about the movie, I press enter and get into the movie (i.e. Batman) folder. At that moment, the VIDEO_TS_sheet.jpg file located in the VIDEO_TS folder of folder Batman shows up. Great. If I want to watch the movie, I press play and there it goes.

Problem with my gen 2 is that I think the system looks foor all moviesheets in all the folders. All the moviesheets are named VIDEO_TS_sheet.JPG so if my very last movie directory is Watchmen for example all the movies will be showing the watchmen moviesheet and not their respective moviesheet. Do you understand what I mean ? So moviesheets are working but I always get the same moviesheet no maater the film.

Any idea how I can fix that ?

As said, it all works great on the Live version (with it's specific firmware update).

Thank you for your help and keep up with the great work !
sarcal0513
n00b

Postby recliq » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

This can not be fixed, LINKSHEETS (that's what used on G2) sheets must have unique filenames! :?
­WDLXTV Project Maintainer
-:] If you like my contributions feel free to for a beer or a new flash drive. ...and always remember: RTFM! (, , ) [:-
recliq
WDLXTV Team

Postby sarcal0513 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:42 am

:cry: ok, thank you for the answer.
sarcal0513
n00b

Postby marko23 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:44 am

I think you can create an iso file of the dvd video. It will be played like a single file.

So, in a folder, you have:

g:/MOVIES/Batman/Folder.jpg
g:/MOVIES/Batman/Batman.iso
g:/MOVIES/Batman/Batman.iso_Sheet.jpg
marko23
n00b

Postby sarcal0513 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:32 pm

In fact I kept trying various options and I finally succeeded using a file called wd_tv. It is in the directory Batman. I use the sheet mode with the thumbnails in the lower part of the screen and the movie sheets in full screen mode but behind the thumbnails.

So finally it works. The movie sheets all use the same name wd_tv and the file is located in the movie directory and not in the Video_ts directory.

So I am happy now ;o)

Thanks for your suggestion.

My case is solved ;o)
sarcal0513
n00b

Postby kiaora3000 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi b-rad,

First of all, thanks for all your great work. Really appreciate it.

I've just upgraded to 4.0.3.1, experienced the video playback error and subsequently upgraded again to 4.0.3.2. I can play video again now but I can only play one file per power cycle. After I have played a file, and then attempt to play another, I get the spinning circle icon and nothing else. I then have to do a power cycle to be able to play any file again.

Has anyone else experienced similar behaviour or do you know why this may be ?

Thanks again
kiaora3000
n00b

Postby Algoritmus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:32 am

Hi B-rad,

First, thank you the hard work !

i have installed your 4.3.2 fw. I have set the forcehdmi and autores features via S00. Forcehdmi works great.

But autores acts weird sometimes.I.e: I have a 1280x720 video and autores thinks the best res for me is 1080p or a video 640x272 res then the result is 1080p.

I have an Optoma projector with native 1280x768 res.

Other thing: If I try to reinstall your fw with disabled autores the autores feature stays enabled.

Last question: would it be possible to control the volume with WD remote ?

If you have some idea please let me know.

Thanks

Algo
Algoritmus
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:08 am

is it possible for you to read the first 13 lines of S00custom-options for vital information and then search the forum for how to properly configure autores?

volume control is done via WDTVExt on Live, that doesnt exist on G2 (and don't ask about it) so no--the same exact thing cannot be done.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby fat74 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 am

first of all, thanks for all the stuff done by Brad and the wdlxtv community.

Is there any way to fix the DTS Downmixing to stereo in this firmware?
In the 4.1.9.6 everithing was fine but now only DTS through optical output is working.

Thanks
fat74
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion