[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread   

Postby lunky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:17 am

grantwolsey :) yeah was first post, a little rushed one and from me phone. Ive just recently updated my firmware for movie sheets and drive thumbs etc. im pretty hasty at removing my external hd, and on a few occasions have had the "cannot aggregate " warning. when inspecting the drive in my laptop i found the wd_tv folder in the root of the drive, made by the g2 to be corrupt. in windows xp i can see it but not delete it, but in vista it repairs the drive and removes it. and everything works. i usually delete this folder everytime i update anything. i wasnt aware that the wd_tv folder was only produced on drives formated ntfs ? maybe someone else can verify that ?. i can only assume that your drive has somehow become corrupt. i would try and run a repair on it, and do a backup before you do just incase.
lunky
n00b

Postby Socram » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:50 am

Socram
DLX'er

Postby RoofingGuy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

I know that tone can often be misconstrued when it's merely typed, so let me start off by saying this is not a complaint. I'm merely offering my observations.

0.4.3.1 is now working nicely for me, so again I'm not complaining.

I tried 0.4.2.6 first (who knows why) on my USB stick and it did the same thing. It sat at zero percent forever (or seemingly forever).

Again I aborted (after about 20 minutes this time, of waiting for any apparent progress), and again the box booted with the page wanting me to repair the firmware.

And again I had the stick ready with a 1.02.21 rollback. Again the WDTV zipped through the stock WD firmware flash, so it doesn't appear to be specifically an issue with my USB thumb, per se.

So, I tried again with 0.4.3.1, but this time on a 1TB MyBook Essentials, instead of the thumb drive.

Again it sat at zero percent progress for about 8 minutes, and then suddenly it did start to show progress, and after about another 3 minutes it was done flashing.

I realize the B-Rad firmware is larger than the stock WD files, so it should take longer, but even that 8 minute wait off the external HD is a little puzzling to me, as is the fact that the stock FWs install off the same thumb drive with little hesitation.

My first suspicion was that the thumb merely wasn't "fast enough" at transferring the files (and that if I'd waited several hours it might have eventually completed successfully), but it seems to have no issues with the stock files.

So, basically I don't know what's causing the FW updates from B-Rad to drag (for both the thumb and the MyBook), but patience seems to be the ticket here.
RoofingGuy
n00b

Postby b-rad.cc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:59 pm

wdlxtv-live is not wdlxtv-g2. This thread is for the wdtv gen 2 only.

@ everyone: I will sort the DTS downmix tmr. Its most likely something simple.
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Socram » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 am

Okay... and any idea on how to fix the video playback bug on some MKV files? See http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2173
Socram
DLX'er

Postby b-rad.cc » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 am

header compression removal can only be dealt with by WD, so beg them for a new firmware. ;)
PM's are for private matters only, please post public matters on the forum to help others who might have the same issue.
:mrgreen:
b-rad.cc
WDLXTV Team

Postby Socram » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 pm

So this is a problem with all WD devices and every firmware?

Any software tool out there to remove this compression, so the file can be played again?
Edit: I just found this and will try it: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=6897.0;wap2
Socram
DLX'er

Postby Rorscach » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm having a problem that certain mkv files wont play with this firmware, but they played just fine with the last one. So it's not a case with the header compression.
Rorscach
DLX'er

Postby Socram » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 am

Is "this" firmware 0.4.3.1 or .2? The first has a known bug with video playback.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby Rorscach » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 am

"This" is the 0.4.3.2 firmware. Files that played perfectly under the last 4.1.9-6 release.
Rorscach
DLX'er

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion