[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread

General WDLXTV-G2 forum

Re: WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 discussion thread   

Postby Burps » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:24 am

Burps
n00b

Postby Socram » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Socram
DLX'er

Postby Socram » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Socram
DLX'er

Postby grantwolsey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:38 am

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something I'm freaking out about right now but probably don't need to since one of you guys could help me with what's going on. I installed b-radd's WDLXTV-G2-0.4.3.1 firmware and installed it on my G2, I did the S00 custom options to get the custom wallpaper via the villa_bg way and enabled the 4 thumbnails with the 240X360 pixels resolution. I did the cold reset, and all seemed to be working fine, except when I went into my "All Videos" to see if the 4 thumbnail option worked as I already had the custom wallpaper working...
And it said "storage can not aggregate". At first I didn't think it was anything too serious I just ejected my external hard drive and plugged it back in, and it said the exact same thing, showing only about half of the video content I knew I had on my external drive just a moment ago. I powered down, restarted, and now it says "There is no media in the current folder" when I go to "All Videos". I started to worry then. I unplugged the USB cord and plugged it into my MacBook Pro and the hard drive popped up on the desktop and I immediately went into the folders to see what was going on; if I still had my hard-worked-for media on there.
In the folders where I had my movies, I went to the ones that were missing when it gave me the "can not aggregate" error message. The folders were empty! I went to the few ones it DID show back when it showed any at all, and they were still there... Did my WD somehow wipe out my whole external hard drive, or can I get it back to how it was? I'm trying my best to stay calm. Thank you in advance
grantwolsey
n00b

Postby lunky » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 am

My first post :). I'm not sure about your movies being deleted by your g2. But as for not being able to aggregate, I found this quite a bit when I didn't unmount the external drive properly. Somehow the wd-tv folder had become corrupt. In windows xp I couldn't delete it. So plugged it into a vista laptop which repaired the drive so I could delete it and all was fine.
lunky
n00b

Postby Socram » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 am

I have no clue about your problem, but to you and all the other users who want to flash their G2:

Please use the latest version! It's 0.4.3.2 for the G2 atm, the previous one had a serious video playback bug.
Socram
DLX'er

Postby grantwolsey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:05 am

@Socram: I did encounter some playback bugs, that's why I was using the 0.4.3.2 version, sorry I know I said 0.4.3.1 in my original post but I was using 0.4.3.2 by the time all of this was going on. Come to think of it, could it have been a glitch from the previous buggy firmware that had my drive malfunctioning by the time I was using the current 0.4.3.2 firmware?

and @lunky: Thanks for what I guess was your "first post"; I'm thinking back and yeah I remember I didn't properly eject the hard drive from the WDTV, and I guess that's what messed it up. I'm not quite sure I understood the mention of the "wd-tv folder", though. Are you referring to the entire disk drive, it needs to be deleted then it'll be fine?
grantwolsey
n00b

Postby Socram » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 am

I think he is referring to the wd_tv folder on the NTFS (or whatever format you use) partition of the external drive. This folder should be hidden when using the standard Windows folder settings.

Under no circumstances delete the Linux filesystem on the HD player itself ;)
Socram
DLX'er

Postby grantwolsey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks Socram, but I'm using a Mac, not Windows. I've basically concluded that I just have to delete all the stuff on my main HDD that I use to store my media, is that right?
grantwolsey
n00b

Postby tanhc » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:26 am

tanhc
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion