[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4326: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4328: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4329: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4330: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Network shares

Network shares

General WDLXTV-Live forum

Network shares   

Postby rosie2417 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello, I have been using my live for years with no problems. Until now. When u scroll through “my video” to network shares all of my home computers have disappeared. The only devices I can see are other WDTV’s. I am not sure when this happened probably within the last couple months. I tried other WDTV devises in the house and all the same. My gues is windows took an update and changed something but what. And more importly how can I get my Live to see and share files on other computers on my home network. And suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.
rosie2417
Supporter

Re: Network shares   

Postby mad_ady » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Well, that's odd. Unfortunately, there aren't many people around left, and I no longer have an active WDTV, nor a windows PC which I could use to test this, but it seems that a windows update has changed the way windows shares work.
You could try to mount the share manually with XMounts (http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/Net.mounts) and browse it from Local files, or switch to using NFS on windows, by using HaneWin or FreeNFS: http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_setup_NFS ... ng_FreeNFS
mad_ady
Developer

Postby RevDrew » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 am

namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby mad_ady » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Nice to see you're still around RevDrew!
mad_ady
Developer

Postby RevDrew » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 am

Thanks, you as well.
This was a thriving community and I keep popping in from time to time, I miss the fun of playing with these boxes.

However the wife likes how Kodi just works.
namaste
RevDrew™

WDTV with: 1.03.01_B-RAD.CC_WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 *wireless* DWA-140
WDTV Live: new, still in the box & unopened
2 X WDTV Live Plus with: 1.05.04_B_WDLXTV.COM_WDLXTV_PLUS-0.5.1.1: 1 wired, 1 *wireless* DWA-140

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=
RevDrew
Donor

Postby paul0607 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:27 am

I had the same problem. There was a windows update that turned samba 1 off which is insecure which the wd requires. You have to go into control panel --> programs and features --> turn windows features on and off --> check SMB CIFS and restart
paul0607
Donor

Postby RavRob » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:24 am

Hey Mad_Ady and RevDrew. Nice to see you guys still around. Not much going on with WDlxTV anymore it seems. I haven't used mine in a few years not. It is just gathering dust on the shelf in the closet. Too bad though. It was good when I was using it.

Thanks for the years of entertainment Mad Ady
Windows 10
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
RavRob
Supporter

Postby mad_ady » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Unfortunately I haven't used by wdtv in 1.5 years as well. It seems clunky now that I've gotten used to Kodi, but yet, it was great back then...
I see it's still being used by the Russian/Ukrainian community - they regularly patch their UMSP plugins.

The rest is in an accelerated state of decay... :(
mad_ady
Developer

Postby rgalka » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am

speaking of Kodi ;O)

Let's say I wanted to change how Kodi deals with random music... What tools would I need to do that? or is it even possible?

My issue is that I want the next track selected to be randomly chosen based on a seed linked to the millisecond of the current time [ for example ] AND I want each song previously played to be marked so that it is not selected again until all songs have played, plus other optional "options" ;O)

I know I can handle the programming of the routines, but I have no idea what tools I would need to add such a feature to Kodi. Any thoughts on this?
rgalka
Donor

Postby mad_ady » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:13 am

Sorry, I use MPD for music playback, and I don't have such complex needs as you. :)
See if this helps: http://kodi.wiki/view/smart_playlists
You could probably tweak the smart playlist feature...
mad_ady
Developer

Next

Return to Discussion